Thread: DRAM price up - NAND price down in Q1 2021 says Trend Force

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

DRAM price up - NAND price down in Q1 2021 says Trend Force

PC DRAM price growth to be small, but SSD prices could decline 15 per cent.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: DRAM price up - NAND price down in Q1 2021 says Trend Force

I know we get a lot of these memory price predictions and this no reflection on Hexus, but i was wondering how accurate these market watchers are, there's no way I'm going to look into it but it would be interesting to see how often their right.

In other words is it sensible to make purchases based on them saying prices are going to go up or down?

Thanks

Honestly... as much as I'm sure everyone here wants the best prices (to be fair pc's could be a bit cheaper overall imo) we're basically forced to buy at the prices they are when we need to upgrade.

If we can hold off and/or wait for bargain prices to turn up then great but most of us likely need to upgrade at a certain point because we have to, not because we want to.

Thanks

I basically only buy as I need , normally when upgrading or building for someone else so up or down doesn't apply , just when needed. Memory has always been expensive for what you get in my book , look at a motherboard and all the components and then a piddling little memory stick for comparison , doesn't compute to the eye. If anything it's the price of graphic cards that really bugs me , you can build a complete reasonably adept PC for the price of a supposed middling graphics card or even a second hand car. Mind boggles.

Thanks

I wonder how DDR5 is going to affect all this. Feels like it was yesterday when we changed to DDR3!

SSD prices coming down always nice. I did buy a 2TB 7200RPM HDD the other day though. Still good enough for my Xbox GamePass back catalog!

Thread Information