Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Asus ROG Swift PG279QM: 27-inch 1440p gaming at up to 165Hz

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,813
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1,997 times in 703 posts

    Asus ROG Swift PG279QM: 27-inch 1440p gaming at up to 165Hz

    It also launched a trio of HDMI 2.1 monitors: good for 4K 120Hz gaming on the new consoles.
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Headless Chicken Terbinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,573
    Thanks
    1,164
    Thanked
    705 times in 577 posts
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

    Re: Asus ROG Swift PG279QM: 27-inch 1440p gaming at up to 165Hz

    Pricing on the TUF Gaming VG28UQL1A if competitive - c£4-500 - might gain my attention but I suspect it will be north of that.
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    180
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    9 times in 9 posts

    Re: Asus ROG Swift PG279QM: 27-inch 1440p gaming at up to 165Hz

    Quote Originally Posted by Terbinator View Post
    Pricing on the TUF Gaming VG28UQL1A if competitive - c£4-500 - might gain my attention but I suspect it will be north of that.
    It won't competitive, PC gaming monitors are a giant rip off.

    Also when Asus says available soon what they mean is near end of year, the lead time of monitors is huge. Sometimes Asus doesn't actually make displays until 1-2 years after its announcement.

    Acer actually listed the prices for theirs;
    Acer Nitro XV282K KV = 28" IPS, 4K 144hz, Vesa HDR 400, HDMI 2.1 for £850

    Acer Predator XB323QK NV = 32" IPS 4K 144Hz, Vesa HDR 400, HDMI 2.1 for £1000

    You can buy 55-65" IPS 4K 120hz with VRR HDMI 2.1 TV's from LG for £600-700. Even the cheap ass UN8500 model has been firmware updated to support Freesync, G-Sync.

  4. Received thanks from:

    Terbinator (15-01-2021)

  5. #4
    Headless Chicken Terbinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,573
    Thanks
    1,164
    Thanked
    705 times in 577 posts
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

    Re: Asus ROG Swift PG279QM: 27-inch 1440p gaming at up to 165Hz

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato-2 View Post

    You can buy 55-65" IPS 4K 120hz with VRR HDMI 2.1 TV's from LG for £600-700. Even the cheap ass UN8500 model has been firmware updated to support Freesync, G-Sync.
    LGs non-OLED teles are pants, though. If was considering 4-500 on a new gaming monitor I'm doing it as I expect certain qualities - primarily IQ. LGs Nano cell offerings are just not very good and I also don't have room for another large screen
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    180
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    9 times in 9 posts

    Re: Asus ROG Swift PG279QM: 27-inch 1440p gaming at up to 165Hz

    Quote Originally Posted by Terbinator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato-2 View Post

    You can buy 55-65" IPS 4K 120hz with VRR HDMI 2.1 TV's from LG for £600-700. Even the cheap ass UN8500 model has been firmware updated to support Freesync, G-Sync.
    LGs non-OLED teles are pants, though. If was considering 4-500 on a new gaming monitor I'm doing it as I expect certain qualities - primarily IQ. LGs Nano cell offerings are just not very good and I also don't have room for another large screen
    Not really, their both IPS with all the same fundamental flaws of poor contrast, dirty screen effect and IPS glow.

    The point I was making is the cost, premium gaming monitors for what they offer are vastly over priced. Just because its 4K 144hz with HDMI 2.1 on a crappy IPS panel they are jacking up the price.

  7. #6
    Headless Chicken Terbinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,573
    Thanks
    1,164
    Thanked
    705 times in 577 posts
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

    Re: Asus ROG Swift PG279QM: 27-inch 1440p gaming at up to 165Hz

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato-2 View Post
    Not really, their both IPS with all the same fundamental flaws of poor contrast, dirty screen effect and IPS glow.

    The point I was making is the cost, premium gaming monitors for what they offer are vastly over priced. Just because its 4K 144hz with HDMI 2.1 on a crappy IPS panel they are jacking up the price.
    Aren't all the decent premium gaming monitors IPS now? The market appears to have swung back to IPS from the VA popularity of the last few years from what I've seen (I had a Dell U2711H years ago).

    Anyhow, the point I was trying to make is LGs TVs aren't competitive, generally speaking, from an IQ perspective so not an option for me.
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    161
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked
    4 times in 2 posts
    • NitrousX's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSi X99 Xpower Gaming Titanium
      • CPU:
      • i7 5930k 4.3Ghz w/EKWB Supremacy Evo
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance LED 2666mhz 32GB DDR4 4x 8GB sticks
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 960 Evo 1TB, HGST 5TB Deskstar, Seagate Barracuda XT 3TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FE w/FE EKWB Waterblock
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 750W GS
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600C
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2716DG
      • Internet:
      • Utility Warehouse 10mpbs

    Re: Asus ROG Swift PG279QM: 27-inch 1440p gaming at up to 165Hz

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato-2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Terbinator View Post
    Pricing on the TUF Gaming VG28UQL1A if competitive - c£4-500 - might gain my attention but I suspect it will be north of that.
    It won't competitive, PC gaming monitors are a giant rip off.

    Also when Asus says available soon what they mean is near end of year, the lead time of monitors is huge. Sometimes Asus doesn't actually make displays until 1-2 years after its announcement.

    Acer actually listed the prices for theirs;
    Acer Nitro XV282K KV = 28" IPS, 4K 144hz, Vesa HDR 400, HDMI 2.1 for £850

    Acer Predator XB323QK NV = 32" IPS 4K 144Hz, Vesa HDR 400, HDMI 2.1 for £1000

    You can buy 55-65" IPS 4K 120hz with VRR HDMI 2.1 TV's from LG for £600-700. Even the cheap ass UN8500 model has been firmware updated to support Freesync, G-Sync.
    Acer pricing is abit pricey for what your getting for your money for that price i would expect HDR 600 minimum not HDR 400.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •