Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Purported Alder Lake-S slides indicate doubled nT performance

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Purported Alder Lake-S slides indicate doubled nT performance

And single thread performance will be improved by up to 20 per cent.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: Purported Alder Lake-S slides indicate doubled nT performance

Another new socket? Haha! Want a new Intel CPU? You'll need new EVERYTHING. Nearly as bad as Apple for ripping off their customers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bae85 View Post
    Another new socket? Haha! Want a new Intel CPU? You'll need new EVERYTHING. Nearly as bad as Apple for ripping off their customers.
    Long running joke now.... though I do believe that AM5 will be around then as well - but I'm pretty sure that AM5 will be roughly similar to AM4 meaning coolers will be able to work with few modifications
    Old puter - still good enuff till I save some pennies!

Thanks

Of course it's going to be "up to double" nT performance, they're doubling the core count from 8 to 16. They can then satisfy that marketing BullCrap by picking a benchmark which both sets of big.LITTLE cores can do at a similar speed.

Stop giving Intel a free pass for this BS marketing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3dcandy View Post
    Long running joke now.... though I do believe that AM5 will be around then as well - but I'm pretty sure that AM5 will be roughly similar to AM4 meaning coolers will be able to work with few modifications
    Very appropriate running joke. Knowing AMD they'll make the first gen AM5 motherboards backward compatible with Zen3 CPUs and DDR4! Something Intel would never dream of doing!

Thanks

Has there ever been a new CPU from Intel that's not claimed double digit performance increases?

Thanks

I'm Not defending Intel (currently running an AMD/NVIDIA setup) but how many people update their entire system annually

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by will19565 View Post
    I'm Not defending Intel (currently running an AMD/NVIDIA setup) but how many people update their entire system annually
    That's not the right avenue of questioning, it's more "how many people want to upgrade but have to opt for a total system overhaul rather than a drop in upgrade".

Thanks

YAWN_icious.

Thanks

Another new Socket LGA 1700. So do we need a new cooling solution for that too?

Thanks

I'll wait till release but this is really going to be going up against next gen zen 4 so I suspect the 'up to' gains will be pretty comparable on AMD side too, especially if it can fully make use of ddr5 and so I things will probably be fairly similar to now and hopefully we'll have a nice little price war, assuming there's any stock

I'm not too worried over the new socket, I'll give them a pass on this due to their new approach with the 'big little' core design, but it would be nice if they had a bit of a longer life like AMD did with AM4.

Thanks

I thought with Gelsingers appointment, we would see Intel cut out the infantile marketing BS.
    Apparently not.
    Sad to see the tech press repeat the nonsense verbatim, as if it were a proven fact.

Registered+
    Thanks

when socket 1700 arrives with DDR5 that's when I'll be interested.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohmaheid View Post
    I thought with Gelsingers appointment, we would see Intel cut out the infantile marketing BS.
    Hasn't he only been in the job for a month or two, i would imagine he's got more pressing concerns than what the marketing dept publish.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Corky34 View Post
    Hasn't he only been in the job for a month or two, i would imagine he's got more pressing concerns than what the marketing dept publish.
    Not sure about priorities and concerns but one of the areas Intel keeps getting flagged is their marketing FUD. Just look at January's conference, they tried to make out that AMD was wholly insecure compared to Intel which was a practically libelious stunt they did with the way they did it. And then we have Ryan Shrout, 'nuff said.

Then we have how they do their performance metrics and benchmarking for marketing which I'm still surprised why the FTC hasn't actually flagged them again for what seems to be obvious violation of their 2009 anti-trust settlement.

I'm sure he has bigger things to deal with like the fact that Intel has a rotten core of staff, blatant issues of employee vs contractor, broken/failed roadmaps for a decent number of their high class products, gradually increasing distrust of Intels market capability (AMDs roundhouse, Apples uppercut) and supply issues. But he is also responsible for the bigger picture, he can't just stick his fingers in his ears and not care. I will remit that marketing will have an initially muted attention but it is still something that needs attention.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbykatze View Post
    I will remit that marketing will have an initially muted attention but it is still something that needs attention.
    For sure but like i said expecting a complete turn around in a couple of months is probably expecting too much, even with Intel money i wouldn't expect to see any changes for a minimum of a year or two, marketing is always going to market things so telling them not to big things up is sort of defeating the reason for having a marketing department.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information