Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: AMD's Radeon driver adds major new features

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    31,101
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    2,002 times in 708 posts

    AMD's Radeon driver adds major new features

    Includes; AMD Link Windows streaming, choice of installs, new UI, expanded tuning.
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Editable... jimbouk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    2,761
    Thanks
    224
    Thanked
    232 times in 185 posts
    • jimbouk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock B450M-HDV R4.0
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16
      • Storage:
      • Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Core Gold GC-650
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC-V1100 ATX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC CU34G2/BK 34" Widescreen
      • Internet:
      • EE FTC

    Re: AMD's Radeon driver adds major new features

    customisable install options (full, minimal, driver only).
    An update finally worth getting. I know what I'm doing on my lunch break!

  3. #3
    Long member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,185
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked
    371 times in 265 posts
    • philehidiot's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Father's bored
      • CPU:
      • Cockroach brain V0.1
      • Memory:
      • Innebriated, unwritten
      • Storage:
      • Big Yellow Self Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Semi chewed Crayola Mega Pack
      • PSU:
      • 20KW single phase direct grid supply
      • Case:
      • Closed, Open, Cold
      • Operating System:
      • Cockroach
      • Monitor(s):
      • The mental health nurses
      • Internet:
      • Please.

    Re: AMD's Radeon driver adds major new features

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbouk View Post
    customisable install options (full, minimal, driver only).
    An update finally worth getting. I know what I'm doing on my lunch break!
    Indeed, I've tried so hard to keep my machine free of bloat (almost impossible with a million launchers) and then the GPU drivers include stuff I don't need or want. Having features included in every install which are of use to niche audiences (eg streaming) is just frustrating.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    790
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked
    30 times in 22 posts
    • Gentle Viking's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus extreme X399
      • CPU:
      • TR 1920 X
      • Memory:
      • G Skill 64GB ( 8 X 8 ) PC3600 @ 3400
      • Storage:
      • Samsung evo 500GB nvme - 256GB Kingston SSD - 4TB spinning disk
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Powercolor 5700 XT red devil
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM850I
      • Case:
      • Working on it, done summer 2020
      • Operating System:
      • windows 10 Ulti
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" iiyama GB2788HS
      • Internet:
      • docis 3.1 cable 1000/100 mbit

    Re: AMD's Radeon driver adds major new features

    Dunno what the hell happened to my computer, but i can not longer output H.264 or 265 files from my powerdirector17 without everything are speed up and laggy.
    But if i use software encoding everything works fine.
    I can also hardware encode and export in other formats.

    Deleting windows updates and trying new drivers for the 5700XT have not worked for me, even tried to reinstall powerdirector 17

    O and other software ( pinnacle studio ultimate ) it can hardware encode just fine and export H.264 or 265

  5. #5
    Long member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,185
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked
    371 times in 265 posts
    • philehidiot's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Father's bored
      • CPU:
      • Cockroach brain V0.1
      • Memory:
      • Innebriated, unwritten
      • Storage:
      • Big Yellow Self Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Semi chewed Crayola Mega Pack
      • PSU:
      • 20KW single phase direct grid supply
      • Case:
      • Closed, Open, Cold
      • Operating System:
      • Cockroach
      • Monitor(s):
      • The mental health nurses
      • Internet:
      • Please.

    Re: AMD's Radeon driver adds major new features

    Quote Originally Posted by Gentle Viking View Post
    Dunno what the hell happened to my computer, but i can not longer output H.264 or 265 files from my powerdirector17 without everything are speed up and laggy.
    But if i use software encoding everything works fine.
    I can also hardware encode and export in other formats.

    Deleting windows updates and trying new drivers for the 5700XT have not worked for me, even tried to reinstall powerdirector 17

    O and other software ( pinnacle studio ultimate ) it can hardware encode just fine and export H.264 or 265
    Have you tried driver cleaner to remove all traces of the drivers and then reinstall an old driver?


    EDIT:

    AMD's Radeon driver adds major new features
    Most important new feature, optional removal of new features.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,335
    Thanks
    475
    Thanked
    435 times in 301 posts

    Re: AMD's Radeon driver adds major new features

    Quote Originally Posted by philehidiot View Post
    Indeed, I've tried so hard to keep my machine free of bloat (almost impossible with a million launchers) and then the GPU drivers include stuff I don't need or want. Having features included in every install which are of use to niche audiences (eg streaming) is just frustrating.
    I'm a little hesitant to post this as i don't want to be responsible for someone hosing their system, but i came across Radeon Software Slimmer yesterday if you wanted to go further than what AMD allow, seems to be developed by someone from Guru3D forums.

    I've only had limited time with it and the built in help/linking to the github wiki saved a bit of guesswork, maybe you'll be interested in it but please don't blame me if something breaks.

  7. #7
    Long member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,185
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked
    371 times in 265 posts
    • philehidiot's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Father's bored
      • CPU:
      • Cockroach brain V0.1
      • Memory:
      • Innebriated, unwritten
      • Storage:
      • Big Yellow Self Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Semi chewed Crayola Mega Pack
      • PSU:
      • 20KW single phase direct grid supply
      • Case:
      • Closed, Open, Cold
      • Operating System:
      • Cockroach
      • Monitor(s):
      • The mental health nurses
      • Internet:
      • Please.

    Re: AMD's Radeon driver adds major new features

    Quote Originally Posted by Corky34 View Post
    I'm a little hesitant to post this as i don't want to be responsible for someone hosing their system, but i came across Radeon Software Slimmer yesterday if you wanted to go further than what AMD allow, seems to be developed by someone from Guru3D forums.

    I've only had limited time with it and the built in help/linking to the github wiki saved a bit of guesswork, maybe you'll be interested in it but please don't blame me if something breaks.
    I've tried it and my PC is broken. I demand a new one. To replace my hardware (as it is all bricked, including the mouse mat) I require at least £3,000,000,001.69.

    Please let me know if you're planning cash or BACS. I don't accept Paypal or cheque.

  8. #8
    Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    30,356
    Thanks
    1,719
    Thanked
    3,177 times in 2,565 posts
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

    Re: AMD's Radeon driver adds major new features

    Quote Originally Posted by philehidiot View Post
    I've tried it and my PC is broken. I demand a new one. To replace my hardware (as it is all bricked, including the mouse mat) I require at least £3,000,000,001.69.

    Please let me know if you're planning cash or BACS. I don't accept Paypal or cheque.
    Our friends in the 419 department can help. Please confirm your bank details by depositing a test sum of £999999 into our accounts so that we can process your claim.
    Last edited by kalniel; 22-04-2021 at 08:17 AM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,335
    Thanks
    475
    Thanked
    435 times in 301 posts

    Re: AMD's Radeon driver adds major new features

    Quote Originally Posted by philehidiot View Post
    I've tried it and my PC is broken. I demand a new one. To replace my hardware (as it is all bricked, including the mouse mat) I require at least £3,000,000,001.69.

    Please let me know if you're planning cash or BACS. I don't accept Paypal or cheque.
    Wasn't me.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •