Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: First Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti benchmarks leak

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    31,709
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    2,073 times in 719 posts

    First Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti benchmarks leak

    Plus a round-up of the other GeForce leaks that have emerged in recent hours.
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    464
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    30 times in 23 posts
    • Bagpuss's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9-9900K
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3400
      • Storage:
      • Gigabyte 512GB NVMe SSD, Crucial 1Tb NVMe SSD, 6Tb Seagate 7200
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 2080 Black Edition
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 850 RMx 850 Gold
      • Case:
      • Fractal Meshify C Copper Front Panel
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG UK850 27in 4K HDR Freesync/Gsync
      • Internet:
      • Three Mobile 4G Unlimited Data (35-45Mbit)

    Re: First Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti benchmarks leak

    Of course, by the time you'll actually be able to buy one of these without wasting your life waiting for Discord/Telegraph alerts..sometime in 2022, The 40xx cards will be just around the corner.

  3. #3
    Moosing about! CAT-THE-FIFTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    31,841
    Thanks
    3,839
    Thanked
    5,132 times in 3,958 posts
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

    Re: First Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti benchmarks leak

    Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Of course, by the time you'll actually be able to buy one of these without wasting your life waiting for Discord/Telegraph alerts..sometime in 2022, The 40xx cards will be just around the corner.
    At least you have a chance of getting one at RRP if you find an FE stock drop. With AMD GPUs,they are even harder to find,and the few I know who got one paid massively over the odds for them.

  4. #4
    root Member DanceswithUnix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In the middle of a core dump
    Posts
    12,624
    Thanks
    742
    Thanked
    1,482 times in 1,250 posts
    • DanceswithUnix's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X470-PRO
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200MHz ECC
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Linux, 2TB Games (Win 10)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix RX Vega 56
      • PSU:
      • 650W Corsair TX
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Fedora 35 + Win 10 Pro 64 (yuk)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq XL2730Z 1440p + Iiyama 27" 1440p
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb/20Mb VDSL

    Re: First Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti benchmarks leak

    Quote Originally Posted by CAT-THE-FIFTH View Post
    At least you have a chance of getting one at RRP if you find an FE stock drop. With AMD GPUs,they are even harder to find,and the few I know who got one paid massively over the odds for them.
    Overclockers have a fair range of AMD GPUs right now. I wouldn't touch a GPU at that sort of price, but hopefully just seeing them in stock means there is light at the end of the GPU availability tunnel and general availability will bring decent street prices in a few months.

    I'm sure this is a complete coincidence that stock is turning up at the point that the total hashrate for Etherium has steadily declined for a week, and Eth itself looks like the dead cat bounce has hit an apex and is tumbling back towards the floor. But I keep being told it was nothing to do with mining, so must be a complete coincidence that you can now easily buy the worst mining cards

    https://2miners.com/eth-network-hashrate (click on "Year" to see a smoothed trend, the data is *really* lumpy).

  5. #5
    Moosing about! CAT-THE-FIFTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    31,841
    Thanks
    3,839
    Thanked
    5,132 times in 3,958 posts
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

    Re: First Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti benchmarks leak

    Quote Originally Posted by DanceswithUnix View Post
    Overclockers have a fair range of AMD GPUs right now. I wouldn't touch a GPU at that sort of price, but hopefully just seeing them in stock means there is light at the end of the GPU availability tunnel and general availability will bring decent street prices in a few months.

    I'm sure this is a complete coincidence that stock is turning up at the point that the total hashrate for Etherium has steadily declined for a week, and Eth itself looks like the dead cat bounce has hit an apex and is tumbling back towards the floor. But I keep being told it was nothing to do with mining, so must be a complete coincidence that you can now easily buy the worst mining cards

    https://2miners.com/eth-network-hashrate (click on "Year" to see a smoothed trend, the data is *really* lumpy).
    I really hope so too. I would rather have an AMD GPU,since I prefer their Linux drivers,and they put a more VRAM in.RT performance isn't ideal,so still in two minds on what I need to look at.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Re: First Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti benchmarks leak

    Quote Originally Posted by CAT-THE-FIFTH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Of course, by the time you'll actually be able to buy one of these without wasting your life waiting for Discord/Telegraph alerts..sometime in 2022, The 40xx cards will be just around the corner.
    At least you have a chance of getting one at RRP if you find an FE stock drop. With AMD GPUs,they are even harder to find,and the few I know who got one paid massively over the odds for them.
    So far I have bought a 6700xt, 6800, and two 6800xts. Getting AMD cards is way easier than an NVidia card atm, you just have to buy on AMD's own website. I have also bought two 3080s and two 3070s from Best Buy, but the Best Buy drops have been pretty awful lately and it has become much harder to reliably buy cards from them. AMD though, once you get past their TERRIBLE website, is pretty easy to get cards from.

    PS: No, I am not a scalper, I have been buying cards for friends and family, since my job allows me to drop everything at a moments notice when stuff pops back in-stock.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •