Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Covid cluster halts production at key Nvidia supplier

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    31,709
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    2,073 times in 719 posts

    Covid cluster halts production at key Nvidia supplier

    Taiwan's KYEC does testing and packaging of chips for Nvidia, Intel and MediaTek.
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Re: Covid cluster halts production at key Nvidia supplier

    Looks like 2025 before i get a new GPU now!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Wonderful Warwick!
    Posts
    3,919
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked
    183 times in 153 posts

    Re: Covid cluster halts production at key Nvidia supplier

    Quote Originally Posted by stek View Post
    looks like 2025 before i get a new gpu now!
    amd?
    Old puter - still good enuff till I save some pennies!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    281
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    17 times in 13 posts

    Re: Covid cluster halts production at key Nvidia supplier

    wonder if this has anything to do with the AMD card I wanted going up in price by £40 on OCUK since I checked yesterday?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,207
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked
    114 times in 102 posts

    Re: Covid cluster halts production at key Nvidia supplier

    Well at this rate it would be quicker for me to learn an os-x only 3D program and buy a mac...and then struggle with the lack of ram.

    I want to build an entire pc but there is absolutely zero point doing that without a gpu...


    I have to have cuda so getting an amd card is pretty pointless and with the current 'delays' I'm now basically waiting on AM5 cpu before buying a pc without the gpu lol

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Wonderful Warwick!
    Posts
    3,919
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked
    183 times in 153 posts

    Re: Covid cluster halts production at key Nvidia supplier

    Quote Originally Posted by LSG501 View Post
    Well at this rate it would be quicker for me to learn an os-x only 3D program and buy a mac...and then struggle with the lack of ram.

    I want to build an entire pc but there is absolutely zero point doing that without a gpu...


    I have to have cuda so getting an amd card is pretty pointless and with the current 'delays' I'm now basically waiting on AM5 cpu before buying a pc without the gpu lol
    You and millions of others...
    It's literally gonna be years before supply catches up
    Old puter - still good enuff till I save some pennies!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Wonderful Warwick!
    Posts
    3,919
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked
    183 times in 153 posts

    Re: Covid cluster halts production at key Nvidia supplier

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke7 View Post
    wonder if this has anything to do with the AMD card I wanted going up in price by £40 on OCUK since I checked yesterday?
    Lol no - just supply and demand, and again supply is well below demand
    Old puter - still good enuff till I save some pennies!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Where you are not
    Posts
    1,269
    Thanks
    564
    Thanked
    93 times in 82 posts
    • Iota's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Hero XI
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i9 9900KF
      • Memory:
      • CMD32GX4M2C3200C16
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 250GB / 1 x 1TB / 1 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX1200i
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 500D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung Odyssey G9
      • Internet:
      • 40Mbps SKY Fibre

    Re: Covid cluster halts production at key Nvidia supplier

    Quote Originally Posted by 3dcandy View Post
    Lol no - just supply and demand, and again supply is well below demand
    I've been following alerts on Discord for a while now, there is a steady trickle of cards being released. Guess it just depends on being faster than the scalpers and / or miners and / or other consumers. I didn't exactly try hard to get my card back in December.

  9. #9
    Moosing about! CAT-THE-FIFTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    31,842
    Thanks
    3,839
    Thanked
    5,132 times in 3,958 posts
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

    Re: Covid cluster halts production at key Nvidia supplier

    Quote Originally Posted by Iota View Post
    I've been following alerts on Discord for a while now, there is a steady trickle of cards being released. Guess it just depends on being faster than the scalpers and / or miners and / or other consumers. I didn't exactly try hard to get my card back in December.
    It was much easier to get GPUs at close to RRP back in December. My mate got their RTX3060TI for just over £400 back then.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    281
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    17 times in 13 posts

    Re: Covid cluster halts production at key Nvidia supplier

    Quote Originally Posted by 3dcandy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke7 View Post
    wonder if this has anything to do with the AMD card I wanted going up in price by £40 on OCUK since I checked yesterday?
    Lol no - just supply and demand, and again supply is well below demand
    You say that but they’ve not been out of stock once for the last few weeks AND have been marked with the maximum 10+ available…

    Demand hasn’t changed over night, but the price has.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Where you are not
    Posts
    1,269
    Thanks
    564
    Thanked
    93 times in 82 posts
    • Iota's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Hero XI
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i9 9900KF
      • Memory:
      • CMD32GX4M2C3200C16
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 250GB / 1 x 1TB / 1 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX1200i
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 500D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung Odyssey G9
      • Internet:
      • 40Mbps SKY Fibre

    Re: Covid cluster halts production at key Nvidia supplier

    Quote Originally Posted by CAT-THE-FIFTH View Post
    It was much easier to get GPUs at close to RRP back in December. My mate got their RTX3060TI for just over £400 back then.
    The RRP is still there for the FE Nvidia cards, but the pricing of the AIB cards is pretty atrocious by any standards of sensible. AMD AIB card pricing is just awful, it's nowhere near RRP.

  12. #12
    Now 100% Apple free cheesemp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Near the New forest
    Posts
    2,931
    Thanks
    351
    Thanked
    243 times in 167 posts
    • cheesemp's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS TUF x570-plus
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3600
      • Memory:
      • 16gb Corsair RGB ram
      • Storage:
      • 256Gb NVMe + 500Gb TcSunbow SDD (cheap for games only)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RX 480 8Gb Nitro+ OC (with auto OC to above 580 speeds!)
      • PSU:
      • Cooler Master MWE 750 bronze
      • Case:
      • Gamemax f15m
      • Operating System:
      • Win 11
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32" QHD AOC Q3279VWF
      • Internet:
      • FTTC ~35Mb

    Re: Covid cluster halts production at key Nvidia supplier

    Quote Originally Posted by LSG501 View Post
    Well at this rate it would be quicker for me to learn an os-x only 3D program and buy a mac...and then struggle with the lack of ram.

    I want to build an entire pc but there is absolutely zero point doing that without a gpu...


    I have to have cuda so getting an amd card is pretty pointless and with the current 'delays' I'm now basically waiting on AM5 cpu before buying a pc without the gpu lol
    Could be worse. I built a new PC last spring with the plan to buy a new GPU at Christmas. Gave up looking and got a Series X instead but annoying having a decent x570/3600 setup running with a rx480... I've only really used the CPU in anger for some video transcoding but on the whole its mostly sat idle.
    Trust

    Laptop : Dell Inspiron 1545 with Ryzen 5500u, 16gb and 256 NVMe, Windows 11.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •