Thread: Intel NUC 11 Extreme 'Beast Canyon' now up for pre-order

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Intel NUC 11 Extreme 'Beast Canyon' now up for pre-order

And Intel has released its Q2 2021 earnings, with revenue and EPS above expectations.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: Intel NUC 11 Extreme 'Beast Canyon' now up for pre-order

No comments from the "AMD is winning, Intel is dead" crowd...ROFL. Jeez, after 4yrs Intel NET still the same. $21B/yr AMD, wake up and charge more, they just bought your 3nm wafers and already killed your warhol 6nm with gpus. I think Pat made it part of his contract to buy up all 3nm or he wouldn't sign. You'd want that secret...LOL. Cook made a mistake passing on batch2 and lost 3nm macs next year now 4nm. I guess he couldn't make millions of mac gpus and iphones. Their recent iphone order 100m units!? That is a lot of wafers, so I guess it makes sense the had to move from 3nm to 4nm if Intel is in there big at all early on. Apple is shipping ~7mil macs per Q now for last 3Q's. Those are larger than an iphone soc surely (IE, m1 is 120mm^2 vs 88 for A14 IIRC, no idea of M2 yet). I guess apple didn't get enough 3nm for macs.

Do you get it people, in one move, Pat hurt AMD/NV and apple (qcom too maybe as everyone re-jockeys for other stuff). I hope he bought up 3nm for 18mo if only to flood the market with 3nm gpus with all the wafers left after flooding mobile/server first. They have 100% of the discrete market to take with 3nm. They can ONLY gain share and make gamers happy and even put many more chiplets or a large die chip just to waste wafers and really make a PERF mark out of the gates (well 6nm probably coming first I guess). Sell them ALL direct and limit 1/household/visa etc and price it like a KING (think Titans+ HEDT gpus)! Make it easy for gamers to get them and miners to be unable to buy more than one for the most part and only sell to USA/Brits/Aus for a year. That should more than cover it as I don't think the 1st year would be enough to take more than ~1/3 the market. Then again, who knows the size of the chips so, math could be all over the place. IE, 30K wafers 1st batch/mo, then 2022 scales up to 50K monthly, then 2023 105K monthly (digitimes said it). Not sure WHEN they hit that during those years, or if they literally mean Jan 2022 50K, jan 2023 105k etc.

But for 5nm they said, 4thQ 2020 was 90K, 2021 H1 105K, H2 2021 120K, 2022 160K wafers/mo. So it takes years to get to max on a process overall before being taken over again by the next one. This is just like watching Tesla go from thousands of cars this TTM to million, then millions (million more yearly as 6 gigafabs ramp?), then 1/2 the USA market probably in ~6yrs and bankrupting many companies along the way...LOL. Just saying, he's a manufacturer not a car maker (Elon said it). Batteries, sats, etc etc can come off those lines. ~28 more gigafabs being considered? Just some useful numbers for people to ponder (chips and cars etc...LOL). Night reading about over...

Thanks

Re: Intel NUC 11 Extreme 'Beast Canyon' now up for pre-order

^ Now THAT was a rant.

Thread Information