Thread: Gizmondo hits the high street... at last...

Thanks

Gizmondo hits the high street... at last...

It seems that the Gizmondo guys have finally seen the light and realised that the best way to make a handheld popular is to make it readily available, hence the Gizmondo now being in stock at high street retailers.
    Read the full story here
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Rank Bajin
    Thanks
    Sounds interesting... I remember having a play with one a few months ago and it was alright, but hardly amazing. What did sound quite good was there gang-based game which used the gps to link property in the game to real-life locations. Thus, if you walked into a new area with your Gizmondo other players in the area would be alerted to try and stop you taking their land or somesuch, IIRC.
    The Caped Crusader :-)

Thanks
    Yeah, Colours is unique in that it uses GPS to plot where you are in real life, then see if anyone around is running the game... you then fight it out to see who wins the 'real' turf war... clever stuff...

At the minute though, you'd be hardpressed to find anyone wanting a fight.

I still reckon that the Gizmondo is has enough cool features to give the PSP a real run for it's money, but sadly, poor marketing has let the Gizmondo down very badly... If it had been deleivered on-time, en mass and easily available then Sony would have had a worry I think... but Gizmondo now has an uphill struggle of thier own making.

Unless they pull something special out of the bag, developers aren't going to waste time coding for a platform with a limited user base... and although the Gizmondo does more than the PSP, its the games that'll give a platform it's life.
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    The only place I've seen the Gizmondo advertised was on B4 (teh really lame music video program on C4 in the mornings) and even then it was a compo.,
    Quote Originally Posted by Errr...me
    I MSN offline people
    6014 3DMk 05

Thanks
    I wonder if this general release will improve the devolper support this is receivng?

Thanks
    I've had a brief chat with the Gizmondo guys here at EIEF, I'll be linking up with them to bring you more info on what's happening with this soon.

Here's a little food for thought though... take a PSP and Gizmondo and drop them both onto a concrete surface from one meter up.... the Gizmondo won't even pause in playing its movie... and you can nip off and get a dustpan for the PSP!

But I've still got a gut feeling thats its too little, too late for the Giz...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Here's a little food for thought though... take a PSP and Gizmondo and drop them both onto a concrete surface from one meter up.... the Gizmondo won't even pause in playing its movie... and you can nip off and get a dustpan for the PSP!
    Why would you be walking whilst watching a movie? Most people watching movies on the unit will probably be on a bus or car or sitting down somewhere.

If your gaming while walking, a) its unsociable (sp?) and b) its stupid, you will be distracted and could walk into the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Errr...me
    I MSN offline people
    6014 3DMk 05

Thread Information