Thread: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Xbox 360

Thanks

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Xbox 360

Yes yes, I know we were all gawping at the video the other day, but since I've only just got this six lovely screenshots, I can only post them now...

And be sure to check out HEXUS.gaming for more screens and info on the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    definitely the sole reason for why im getting a 360

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by squirreldude90
    definitely the sole reason for why im getting a 360
    Pah... PC for me! Morrowind was better on PC because:

1. I prefer playing on PCs for most games (driving games are just about the only ones which are better with a controller)

2. You can add plugins.

I have no idea whether you'll be able to that on Oblivion for the XBox, but I'd still much rather use a PC. There's also the fact I have a PC, and not an XBox.
    "Well, there was your Uncle Tiberius who died wrapped in cabbage leaves but we assumed that was a freak accident."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_w

2. You can add plugins.

I have no idea whether you'll be able to that on Oblivion for the XBox, but I'd still much rather use a PC. There's also the fact I have a PC, and not an XBox.
    Yep, you'll be able to download extra content, this Xbox 360 article on HEXUS.gaming explains it.... but it's worth noting that it's nothing new, Xbox LIVE users have been able to download extra content for ages.

Yes, I know, you haven;t actually got one... but then, right now, no-one has!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    i dont think the xbox360 has captured me yet (sony man tbh) but from what ive seen the last few days some of the games are looking rather tasty.

Thanks
    I think you'd be crazy to buy Oblivion on a 360. The ability to have better performance, and graphics quality is important to me

Plus, regardless of Xbox Live, I have over 100 plug-ins for morrowind. I wouldn't be surprised if I have the same number for Oblivion. Almost all of those are made for free by the community, the community wont for the most part bother to convert those into ones that'll work on the Xbox, I'd imagine.

Even if they did though, microsoft are hardly going to host thousands of plug-ins, some of which will gimp the game(cos some of these things do suck). They wouldn't want to have to uplaod dozens of these things a day, and then upload updates, take feedback on them. The whole thing just sounds like an excuse to me, PC plugins will definately still be a massive advantage over Xbox.

Regardless of all that, I'm concerned about, but looking forward to Oblivion. I just hope they havn't dumbed it down too much.

Thread Information