Thread: Nero celebrates 10th birthday AND 200m users

Thanks

Nero celebrates 10th birthday AND 200m users

Reckon I'd boast about it if I'd sold 2 million copies of anything, never mind 200m!

Karlsbad, Germany (27 October, 2005) -- Nero, leaders in digital media technology, announced today 200 million users milestone of their popular digital media software suite. A significant portion of the world’s PC users in Europe, US and Asia have opted for Nero for its reliability, user-friendliness and feature-packed solutions in one powerful suite. These users include OEM version users, online customers and consumers of the retail box versions, offered in all major electronics and home entertainment stores worldwide.
    Check out the release.
    Last edited by Bob Crabtree; 28-10-2005 at 02:14 PM.

Does he need a reason? Funkstar's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Funkstar's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte EG45M-DS2H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core2Quad Q9550 (2.83GHz)
      • Memory:
      • 8GB OCZ PC2-6400C5 800MHz Quad Channel
      • Storage:
      • 650GB Western Digital Caviar Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 512MB ATI Radeon HD4550
      • PSU:
      • Antec 350W 80+ Efficient PSU
      • Case:
      • Antec NSK1480 Slim Mini Desktop Case
      • Operating System:
      • Vista Ultimate 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 + 2408 monitors
      • Internet:
      • Zen 8mb
    is that 200m users or 200m units shifted? and does that include all the OEM copies? I'm sure i've had at least 5 copies over the years.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkstar
    is that 200m users or 200m units shifted? and does that include all the OEM copies? I'm sure i've had at least 5 copies over the years.
    I'd guess that we're talking about is units shifted, including OEM.

But, of course, that's not what the release says, so I may be jumping to conclusions.

Whatever the case, I think that Nero 7 should definitely help the company grow its retail sales.

I recently received a review sample of Nero 7 Premium and I'm pretty impressed - with the spread of features and the responsiveness of the various elements.

My preferred burning suite has long been Adaptec's (now Roxio's - though Roxio is now owned by Sonic) but the latest Roxio suite seems to run pretty slow, and the speed of the latest Nero came as a bit of a revelation - the more so since I run Roxio on an Athlon 64 3200+ with 2GB of RAM, and installed Nero on a PC with a Celeron 1.4 and 512MB RAM.

The suite element which really shows up the speed difference is the CD label creator - Roxio's version does have lots of features but is amazingly slow - but I haven't got close to fully investigated the many elements of Nero 7 yet.

Bob

Thread Information