Thread: Apple's latest iMac G5

Thanks

Apple's latest iMac G5

Microsoft is pressing forward with media center software, and now it looks like Apple is following suit, with news of the new Mac Mini, and the launch of the updated G5.
    The program, called Front Row, lets you listen to music, watch videos, play DVDs and display photos from a distance with a few clicks of a lighter-sized, six-button remote control.

Its graphically pleasing interface takes over the screen and can be easily viewed from afar.

Apple's way of dealing with the TV problem was to simply ignore it. Front Row doesn't display live TV, though it can be connected to a TV to mirror what's on the computer.
    [Cable News Network]
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yes a multimedia hub is flawed, people don't want tv, they just want music and video?

Isn't that a multimedia hub?

For me thats kinda like saying people with toned muscular bodies are flawed, as a chat up line, thing is that could probably work as the girl would think i had an ironic sense of humor, well might work in 1 in a 100, but isn't that like apple's computer desktop ratio?

But seriously, wtf is Jobs doing? No TV support? Okay the whole anti-piracy hidef is a comming quagmire, so why focus on DVD support.

They've missed an opening here. Granted the tiny remote is quite iconic, where the MCE remote looks like a hideous south korrien mobile phone from 2001. But what makes apple most money? iPod.

They need to sell it as a multimedia hub, plain and simple. Rip CDs, easy transfer to your iPod, iTunes etc.

But not. There not doing that. Because their apple, and they couldn't innovate their way out of a research center. How i hate them soo.

Its really infuriating me this, Myth is so much better, heck a simple remote that goes left n right, somewater to spin 4 icons round then provide directory listing? Any half decent programmer could write than in an evening.

I hope every apple fan hangs their head in shame.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Thanks
    Isn't this old news anyway? The Front Row iMacs have been out for over a month or so now.

Enough of the MythTV comparisons, my mum could work Front Row, she couldn't setup MythTV. That's the difference here.

Thread Information