Thread: Thinking of going to VideoForum next week? Our preview may help!

Thanks

Thinking of going to VideoForum next week? Our preview may help!

London's Earls Court 2 plays host next week (Jan 7-9/Tues-Thurs) to VideoForum 2006 - the leading UK show for serious amateur camcorders users, video editors and DVD authors, and also an important diary-date for professionals.

The free-to-attend event, now in its 15th year, is said to offer 140 free seminars, along with exhibits and demos from around 130 companies. Included are big names such as Adobe, AMD (but not Intel), Apple, Avid (Pinnacle's new parent), Canopus (now owned by Thomson), Canon Broadcast, Ikegami, Matrox and Sony Broadcast.

Although Panasonic and its sister company JVC will be conspicuous by their absence, we're expecting a lot of visitors to get excited about Panasonic's miniature HD camcorder, the AG-HVX200, being shown by Top-Teks' and, perhaps, on one other stand.
    Here's the preview - hopefully giving you a good idea of whether it's worth your while getting along. That said, if this sort of stuff is of interest, then a visit is almost certain to be worthwhile.

To coin a phrase, "Be there or don't be widescreen"

Okay, I admit that has as much chance of catching on as steel-wool toilet paper but you get the idea, I'm sure.

Oh, and it's fine if you want to use this forum thread as a way of liasing with people you fancy meeting up with at the show.

I'm expecting to be there Tuesday (wearing a HEXUS/DVdoctor polo shirt) and will play Wed and Thurs by ear - so it's possible they might be good days if you want to avoid bumping into me (no guarantees, though)!

Bob
    Last edited by Bob Crabtree; 03-02-2006 at 10:39 PM.

Thread Information