Thread: Disney trials ad-supported video over internet, intros broadband soap channel

Thanks

Disney trials ad-supported video over internet, intros broadband soap channel

Disney-ABC Television Group yesterday announced two significant video-over-internet initiatives for the US market. The first is a two-month trial in which ad-supported, full-length current episodes of four ABC primetime series are available free online. The other is the introduction in mid April of SOAPNETIC, described as the "first-ever, always-on broadband channel dedicated to soap fans" and initially only available to Verizon's broadband subscribers.

The four ad-supported series in the trial are Lost, Desperate Housewives, Commander In Chief and Alias. These will be available for streaming free of charge during May and June on www.abc.com. Advertisers include AT&T, Cingular, Ford, Procter & Gamble, Toyota, Unilever's Suave, Universal Pictures and Walt Disney Pictures.

The SOAPNETIC always-on soap channel - an extension of the "linear" SOAPnet channel - launches on April 17. It's said to provide comprehensive coverage of nine current soap operas, as well as classic and original programming.

More in this HEXUS.headline.

Thanks
    Its alright I suppose but the videos ads annoy me. I'd prefer it if they used non-video ads to support themselves

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaManExtreme2
    Its alright I suppose but the videos ads annoy me. I'd prefer it if they used non-video ads to support themselves
    Highly unlikely to happen in my view, just as TV commercials are unlikely to be text-only or banner ads (unless the net REALLY kills normal TV advertising!).

Thread Information