Thread: HEXUS.gaming :: Comment : The demise of E3

Thanks

HEXUS.gaming :: Comment : The demise of E3

Pretty much every journo on the planet (who has an interest in games) has had something to say about the 'downsizing' of E3... so now it's my turn!

Check out my thoughts on the new E3 in this HEXUS.gaming :: Comment.

Tell us what you think!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    • Blademrk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I5
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 8 Gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • onboard Intel Graphics (for now)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22" Dell & 20" DELL 2005w
      • Internet:
      • 32mb/sec Sky BB
    Sounds true enough to me.
    If you think about it, E3 seemed to be geared towards Joe Public, even though Joe Public isn't supposed to be there and had creeped in with a false beard and mustache while winking in the general direction of the organisers...
    Feel Free to add me to your Raptr, XFire, XBL or PSN Friend List
    My Steam Profile - Hexus Steam Community

Sublime HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    • Stoo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Mac Pro
      • CPU:
      • 2*Xeon 5450 @ 2.8GHz, 12MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 1600MHz FBDIMM
      • Storage:
      • ~ 2.5TB + 4TB external array
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 4870
      • Case:
      • Mac Pro
      • Operating System:
      • OS X 10.7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Samsung 244T Black
      • Internet:
      • Zen Max Pro
    *applauds*

Hopefully in that way we might end up with some real information about upcoming systems and titles rather than all the frothing at the mouth fanboy BS that ends up washing all over the internet by these so called "journalists" (whoop-de-doo you've got a by-the-numbers website with an attatched blog, congratulations, but that doesn't make you a sodding journalist!).

E3 is dead! Long Live E3!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Has all the piri-piri! GeorgeTuk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Sure, they’d somehow blagged it that they were and managed to get in, but they weren’t ever going to write a single line about anything they’d seen, other than to boast on some obscure forum that they’d played on the Wii or gotten a semi over the PS3…
    This is completely true, I have never been to E3 but been to several technology shows and walked past the computer terminals of scruffy smelly geeks all on forums, at first I laughed with the boss but then it annoyed me big time. They would never buy most of the stuff or even get close to a company that would buy so why should they be there. It was a classic case of having to water things down because these people couldn't talk business so were getting in the way. And god the number of inane and rubbish techy questions they came out with at the Q&A meant there was little of any interest and instead I went to the bar with some reps.

Best and most laughable question was "...so say you wanted to buy this, how much would it cost?", He says looking at the lastest IBM Blue Gene thingymajiggy. The rep guy dead serious and says "Its a blue sky concept machine, i don't think you could afford it".

The only case of this not happening is DSEI in Xcel London (basically the defence trade show) which every ticket holder gets clearance and the company must sponsor you to go. That was a good show and purely business. There was still people walking up to the first checkpoint without passes though, but thankfully the police were doing some quite loud shout outs, "No Pass Over Here" and everyone turns round. "This one claims he has a pass but left it at home" and there is mumur of laughter. "Stand him with the rest" and there was a little group of them off to one side getting some questioning, shouldn't think they will be doing it again.

Stealth Geek - And Proud!

Thread Information