Thread: Sony speak out on PS3 delay

Thanks

Sony speak out on PS3 delay

The first official Sony comments on the PS3 delay come from the Director of Corporate Communications.

Check out the Headline for more info.

Senior Trouble Maker muddyfox470's Avatar
    Thanks
    • muddyfox470's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit I-N73HD
      • CPU:
      • E4500
      • Memory:
      • 4Gb PC6400 Corsair ?
      • Storage:
      • 2 x Seagate 7200.12 500Gb and 1 x Hitachi 7k1000.b 750gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Powercolor 4850
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone SG-01e
      • Monitor(s):
      • Fujitsu D22W-1
      • Internet:
      • BT Home
    Oh how I laugh!

I've never been a fan of the Playstation since PS2 came out and you got all the kids so full of them self that they could play all their latest games on their inferior system. I am glad to declare that my house has always been PS2 free

I just think that Microsoft/Xbox have done a jolly good job of releasing their system when they did.

The thing I don't get is that there is going to be millions of people who have preordered their consoles, so how will people get their console, as certain retailers would be sent a certain shipment, but despite some people ordering before others they may still not get theirs. And even by the time it does get released in the UK there is going to be massive demand (out stripping supply) that even I must conceed, due to all the FIFA followers saying, oh I can't live without the Playstation controller, and the PS3 must be great as it is like the PS2 but with a 3 at the end! OMG!

I think that is why Sony probably came back from their 'boomerang' controller as there are so many fanboys who always complain about any other controller, if it isn't the Sony PS1/PS2 type controller (despite them always giving me cramp).

Well good luck to Nintendo and all ready well done to Microsoft I will be intrigued to see how much this harms Sony's market share; as well Christmas is kind of a big thing for presents and stuff...

Ian

PS. I do not own an XBox360.
    Mac fancier > white macbook base spec .................. CS: muddyfirebang

Mike Fishcake
    Quote Originally Posted by muddyfox470
    Oh how I laugh!

I've never been a fan of the Playstation since PS2 came out and you got all the kids so full of them self that they could play all their latest games on their inferior system. I am glad to declare that my house has always been PS2 free
    My GOD that sounds really really smug and fanboyish, despite what you say. I'm not a fan of Sony's tactics, and I won't be buying a PS3 for the foreseeable future (if ever) but the reason the PS2 was so successful was because of the sheer ubiquity of the console, and the fact that it was (and still is) by far the console with the most developer support, therefore the best selection of games. When I had the choice of buying an Xbox or PS2, I bought a PS2, not because I was a foolish 'sheep' following the herd, or obeying some brainwashing media campaign - it was purely because every time I walked into a shop that sold games, the PS2 selection was far, far bigger than any other system.

Registered+
    Thanks
    All the console slagging off is tiresome

People will buy what they want

To each their own

Thanks
    Lol I just have to post here due to my amusement at their marketing schpiel -

"we are confident..." - don't be, you have let down your customer base, failed with this flawed piece of equipment and ruined yourselves with this positive speak. Consumers prefer honesty, lets face it.

"We screwed up pretty bad this time, we'd like to think our customers will hang on with us throughout and apologise to Europe for leaving you out. Again. Sorry."

This would have been more apt given the number of times this thing has caused controversy.

-----------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    • Blackmage's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI P67-GD65
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 2600k
      • Memory:
      • 8 Gb Hynix DDR3 1333
      • Storage:
      • Crucial m4 120Gb, 2TB Samsung F4
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI HD5830
      • PSU:
      • 700w Coolermaster Gold Plus
      • Case:
      • Xclio/Aplus Windtunnel
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic VX2239WM 22" LCD Monitor
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Broadband 10mbit
    people arn't happy. why europe? we pay a preminum for thier consoles so we should be a piority.

some videos on you tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTTTgxFQADQ&NR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9oqchrqkMU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG_0fAPsWe0

sony have made me so sick. i won't buy thier box of gimmics until it becomes £100. that guy in that bbc video who siad it has better graphics needs a slap. the only thing i would buy a ps3 at full price for is a Final fantasy 7 remake.

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage
    people arn't happy. why europe? we pay a preminum for thier consoles so we should be a piority.
    Even with the premium (though I like the sound of preminum) Europe generates so much vastly lower profits than Asia and NA I can't blame them in the slightest. Seriously, we are a *tiny* market compared to the number of buyers in NA and Asia. Asking for priority treatment for a small minority isn't realistic

If we aren't happy.. so what?

Thanks
    I want a wii

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by father smurf
    I want a wii
    me too, me too :'(

sooo close *reaches out* almost there!

Thanks
    Sony doomed? Nope, they will still sell shed loads of PS3's even if it is fashionable to bash Sony right now.

Also, you have to account for the psychological aspect of the time delay between releases. You see, old Jo Bloggs (i.e. the majority of the non-tech savvy population) will simply see the fact that because the PS3 came out way after the Xbox360 it must be the latest and greatest thing. Many will mistakenly view it as "next-gen", even thought it might/might not be better than the Xbox360.

Missing another Xmas season obviously is not great for any company, but in many respects the longer the delay, the better it might do in some ways.

Thanks
    surely, taking all of Europe, we cant be that far behind (if at all) the number of people who buy consoles in America
    Well, I can cut it in half!

www.theeraserheads.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by autopilot View Post
    Sony doomed? Nope, they will still sell shed loads of PS3's even if it is fashionable to bash Sony right now.

Also, you have to account for the psychological aspect of the time delay between releases. You see, old Jo Bloggs (i.e. the majority of the non-tech savvy population) will simply see the fact that because the PS3 came out way after the Xbox360 it must be the latest and greatest thing. Many will mistakenly view it as "next-gen", even thought it might/might not be better than the Xbox360.

Missing another Xmas season obviously is not great for any company, but in many respects the longer the delay, the better it might do in some ways.
    Sadly this is probably true, however, with a price tag of almost £500 once you throw in an HDMI lead, this product is still in the realms of the tech fanatic or those with too much money. Let's hope this doesn't become another too-expensive-for-kids-but-must-buy-because-of-peer-pressure product.

I would also have thought that Europe's gaming population can't be that far off of the US. Remember, there are many different countries with different demographics, rather than the spread of people in one country. Even then we always pay more for the product that over the pond; surely we're a commited market.

-----------------------------------------------------

Thread Information