Thread: Feature :: Omega Sektor - Intel, Xbox 360 booths and more!

Thanks

Feature :: Omega Sektor - Intel, Xbox 360 booths and more!

The latest update on the plan for the biggest PC & console centre in the UK. Plans are coming along nicely, there's news of a major sponsor, and some brand new concept images.

Check out this Feature for more info.

Thanks
    OMG that place looks like heaven!!
    Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.2Ghz (400Mhzx8) 1.52V (set in bios, 1.47v real) | 4GB GeIL PC6400 4-4-4-12 | Gigabyte DQ6 @ 1600Mhz | HD2900XT 1GB | Enermax Infiniti 720W | Silverstone TJ07-B with custom watercooling | BenQ FP241WZ
    3dmark05 - 13140 | 3dmark06 - 6698 | SuperPi 1M - 15s

Thanks
    such a shame about the monitors and lack of mouse space, i just dont understand these people, why with this much space would you want to cram in as many spaces as possible you want to make it as comfortable and spacious as possible.
    every UK gaming event will be held here i can tell. which sucks ...

Has all the piri-piri! GeorgeTuk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xrob View Post
    such a shame about the monitors and lack of mouse space, i just dont understand these people, why with this much space would you want to cram in as many spaces as possible you want to make it as comfortable and spacious as possible.
    every UK gaming event will be held here i can tell. which sucks ...
    Not sure why you think it sucks that every gaming competition will be held here. While I doubt I will be going to this kind of place I do think its good that gamers have a place to play and congregate, will also mean having a venue will show it is an established sport.

I think the difficulty they will have is keeping people interested enough, because while everyone likes a game there will be masses of stat-hoes (and Wendel 'haters but emulators') to ruin it for casual gamers.

Stealth Geek - And Proud!

Thanks
    Looks great but the ROI they're going to get is going to a tad limited I think.
    I mean they're aiming this at the hardcore gamer, not your general run of the mill public, and I imagine their per-hour pricing will reflect this. Its not going to be a "internet cafe", which will limit the number of people going there. I mean are you honestly going to go all the way to Birmingham pay £x to park then pay £x to play something.

That much floorspace has got to cost a FORTUNE in Birmingham - and I can't see it being busy Monday-Friday 9 - 5. I'm already asking myself, what revenue is this place honestly going to generate?

I've seen so many of these places come and go in the past that I really thought people would have just given up on the concept.

Good luck too them though - hope it does well.
    Tom Scott,
    Scancom.co.uk/HEXUS Liason

Thread Information