Thread: IFA 2006 :: Toshiba covers all bases with the RD-XV45

Thanks

IFA 2006 :: Toshiba covers all bases with the RD-XV45

Toshiba's RD-XV45 does exactly what it looks like it does. It is a combined hard-disk, DVD and VHS recorder that takes up just the same amount of space as your VHS recorder used to.

More in this IFA.headline.

Thanks

Toshiba RD VX45 - all angles covered

Bought one and it is superb. One drawback is that the DVD is not region free or multi-region and Toshiba say this is not possible. Anyone out there know differently? I have a Toshiba SD330 which is region free, but do not want to use 2 players.

Neil Attfield

Thanks

help

Hi Bob, Wonder if I might ask a favour.
    I've just bought a RD XV45 but am having difficullty setting it up with my sky + box which has two aerial sockets coming into it which are 'nutted up' (linked to another sky box upstairs) and a lead leading from sky box to tv. I've connected the RD to the sky box via a scart and that's about it. I've got the video playing and the DVD but cant get any set up menu up and seem unable to dub from a video to the HDD.
    I confess I am technologically challenged and wondered if you can help or should I get someone in to fit it for me?
    Regards
    Frink

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by frink View Post
    Hi Bob, Wonder if I might ask a favour.
    I've just bought a RD XV45 but am having difficullty setting it up with my sky + box which has two aerial sockets coming into it which are 'nutted up' (linked to another sky box upstairs) and a lead leading from sky box to tv. I've connected the RD to the sky box via a scart and that's about it. I've got the video playing and the DVD but cant get any set up menu up and seem unable to dub from a video to the HDD.
    I confess I am technologically challenged and wondered if you can help or should I get someone in to fit it for me?
    Regards
    Frink
    Frink,

Sorry, I'm not 100% sure I understand the problem.

I think you are saying that you can't see the Toshiba's setup menu on the TV screen.

If that's the case - and presuming you can watch the Toshiba's normal output on TV - what do you see on screen if you are watching the Tosh and then select to see the set-up menu?

As for not recording from video to HDD - what precisely do you mean?

Bob

Thanks

To Bob

I wasn't able to get the menu up but it is all sorted now - I rang Toshiba in the end and they were very helpful. Thanks for your reply. The machine is doing all it claims to do very well.
    Frink

Thanks

Thanks
    This looks to be just what I'm looking for (transfering bits from family videos to make up a DVD "book" for my daughter's 21st) ... but can I ask about the editing software?

Is this 'built-into' the RD-XV45 or is it an add-on?

If I want to re-arrange the selected video clips - and add newly shot video introductions by other members of the family - can I assemble these in a desired order on the hard disc before transfer to the DVD?

Many thanks - and happy new year to everybody.

Graham

Thanks
    Frink,

Any chance you could respond to Graham's query?

I'm pretty sure that the Tosh doesn't do what he wants - but not having hands on, that might be a very rash thing to say.

Thread Information