Thread: HEXUS.gaming :: Review - Star Trek: Legacy - Xbox 360

Thanks

HEXUS.gaming :: Review - Star Trek: Legacy - Xbox 360

Ubisoft's action/strategy title, Star Trek Legacy spans the entire Trek Universe, but is it worth picking up?

Check out the HEXUS.gaming Review for more info.

Thanks
    I couldn't help but respond to this review of Legacy. Personally, the game is pretty good - I like it; but there are flaws such as the terrible animation of the exploding Borg cube ships or the physics of planets and asteroids being completely ignored in the game. They don't detract too much from the game, but are things that should have been been rectified before the game shipped.

The reviewer states "The tactical element of the gameplay is also fairly well implemented and you’ll juggle tasks, between spells of fighting, such as repairing your ships or issuing cover and retreat commands, but despite the abundance of options available we couldn’t help thinking that the game would work so much better on a PC where there are more keys at your disposal; the Xbox 360 controller just doesn’t do the job well enough. " Well, in fact, if you look around on the web, you'll see that the PC version of this game is a mess and was basically shipped unfinished. Even worse is that the controls on the PC version are absolutely terrible. Now, the 360 controller requires you to actually play a bit before you get proficient at controlling things, but the control scheme works, and once you've played a few hours, it's pretty easy to get used to. So I completely disagree with the review on the control scheme. I think being able to zoom out a bit from the ships would make things more manageable though.

If you're thinking of buying Legacy - go ahead. It's a good game and the multiplayer is pretty fun too. The feeling of managing a squadron of starfleet, Klingon, Romulan or Borg vessels is certainly captured well in this game. ^^

Has all the piri-piri! GeorgeTuk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Oooh man it was so dull, I played for nearly 3 hours thinking, well its just the start so maybe it will get better, after all the first mission in a game is always pretty basic. But no it kept going and going.

Uninstalled and back to the shop.

Stealth Geek - And Proud!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rogeraususa View Post
    I couldn't help but respond to this review of Legacy. Personally, the game is pretty good - I like it; but there are flaws such as the terrible animation of the exploding Borg cube ships or the physics of planets and asteroids being completely ignored in the game. They don't detract too much from the game, but are things that should have been been rectified before the game shipped.

The reviewer states "The tactical element of the gameplay is also fairly well implemented and you’ll juggle tasks, between spells of fighting, such as repairing your ships or issuing cover and retreat commands, but despite the abundance of options available we couldn’t help thinking that the game would work so much better on a PC where there are more keys at your disposal; the Xbox 360 controller just doesn’t do the job well enough. " Well, in fact, if you look around on the web, you'll see that the PC version of this game is a mess and was basically shipped unfinished. Even worse is that the controls on the PC version are absolutely terrible. Now, the 360 controller requires you to actually play a bit before you get proficient at controlling things, but the control scheme works, and once you've played a few hours, it's pretty easy to get used to. So I completely disagree with the review on the control scheme. I think being able to zoom out a bit from the ships would make things more manageable though.

If you're thinking of buying Legacy - go ahead. It's a good game and the multiplayer is pretty fun too. The feeling of managing a squadron of starfleet, Klingon, Romulan or Borg vessels is certainly captured well in this game. ^^
    Cheers for the feedback.Blimey, I didn't know they had those problems with the PC version. I've also heard other people who like the control scheme and others who hate it. Personally I didn't like it, but I can understand how other people would. I have to say, I haven't played the multiplayer at all so it could well be worth it, like you say.

Thanks
    George,

Obviously if you uninstalled, you were playing the PC version. It's a shame that the PC ver was sooo bad.

On the 360, its not too bad. The multiplayer is quite fun and I've played that more than the missions. The last part of the archer missions was a tad long. I do wish you could save the game at any point in the process, but instead you get to start the entire mission over if you continue from a save. Given that some of these missions can take 30-60 minutes each, that's a bit frustrating if you saved right near the end of that level.

Yeah, the PC controls were bad. Really bad. So the 360 owner comes out ahead here. Its actually wierd to hear of a console version that outperforms it's PC's version of the controls - go figure! =P

- Roger

Thread Information