Thread: The best and worst of 2005

Thanks

The best and worst of 2005

The year has almost come to a close, so we want to find out what the best and worst technologies and creations of 2005 have been. Normally in a 'summing up the year' type article such as this, you'll get somebody rattling off their opinion, some of which you'll agree with, but some you won't. Well, that's exactly what you'll get here: me rattling off about stuff. However, we invite you to share with us your thoughts on the year, so consider this a reminder of what's been going on, so you can let us know what you think.
    http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=4209
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Registered+
    Thanks
    There's two types of people in the world, people who are worthy enough to have an interesting and enlightening blog and those that are not ( except in their own minds ). The problem is the latter outweigh the former by 200 million to one.

That's one of the bad things of 2005, proliferation of drivel on the internet. At this rate there is not going to be enough space left for "the sexy pictures".

Regards

Andy

Thanks
    2005: not an even number !

Thanks
    I'm still wholly unconvinced by dual core... until devs start writing games to take advantage of it, I'll not be bothering to swap.

And even in Windows and desktop apps, which Intel say already makes use of dual core, I ahve to be honest and wonder just how much faster it makes my machine in real world terms?

I mean, lets be honest, can you really tell the difference between a RAID array and single 7,200rpm IDE drive for desktop apps? So how are you going to tell the difference between twin or singles cores? And if you can't, then surely your money could've been better spent elsewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Does he need a reason? Funkstar's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Funkstar's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte EG45M-DS2H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core2Quad Q9550 (2.83GHz)
      • Memory:
      • 8GB OCZ PC2-6400C5 800MHz Quad Channel
      • Storage:
      • 650GB Western Digital Caviar Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 512MB ATI Radeon HD4550
      • PSU:
      • Antec 350W 80+ Efficient PSU
      • Case:
      • Antec NSK1480 Slim Mini Desktop Case
      • Operating System:
      • Vista Ultimate 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 + 2408 monitors
      • Internet:
      • Zen 8mb
    i kind of agree with with you about dual core, except it would be really nice to have the extra horse power for when i'm encoding or transcoding video. maybe if intel live up to the hype and dual core Centrino is good i'll consider it

Rys
    Tiled
    Thanks
    Developers are coding for multi-core. What do you think an Xbox360 is, if not a multi-core gaming system? That knowledge (even though the basic CPU arch is nothing like desktop x86) will help PC games in their dual-core endeavours, especially if there are ports in either direction.

It'll come.
    MOLLY AND POPPY!

Thread Information