• i7 something X99 based
      • Memory:
      • 16gb GSkill
      • Storage:
      • 4 SSD's + WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX980 Strix WC
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Galaxy 1250 (9 years and counting)
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900D
      • Operating System:
      • win10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 24"
      • Internet:
      • 220mb Cable

have you noticed

whenever scan get backed into a corner about true facts about there poor service they just lock the thread and bury there head in the sand with some poor excuse thats been repeated like a stuck record ?

they try to make out how good they are and point out percentages that make any other large company look bad.

they try to make out there the best, and rant on about an award thats so good that no major etailers actually bother to waste there time trying to get it.

98% isnt that good on the scale of things, they never seem to have a good argument and when there backed into a corner, they lock the thread and threaten via pm those that dare speak up..

its about time they put there money where there mouth is and did something about it.

i wonder what scan staff member will pm me to threaten to ban me from there forum section this time ?

or will i wake up in the morning to find myself banned from a public forum

you know its bad when there deleting posts, and its even worst when they start deleting hexus admins posts backing up the consumers with personal accounts of there shoddy practice.

at the end of the day i have never had a problem with stock from places like ebuyer or dabs, and the same when it comes to RMA's
    even when they cant replace an RMA product you get a decent amount of money back in your bank account in a very quick turnaround unlike scan who give you a really poor percentage and take 2 weeks to get round to doing it.

it takes a couple of days after a human being has clicked the refund button. what excuse is there to take 7 working days to click refund ?
    Last edited by GoNz0; 15-02-2009 at 02:58 AM.

Thanks

Re: have you noticed

To clarify that we have recently had to remove certain posts from some users in the SCAN forum. All of which the reasons already explained to the posters involved. Being as open and honest as possible we reserve the right to remove any information and we will and have only ever removed posts / threads that contain completely inaccurate information or flame an existing problem but offering no help or giving any constructive feedback to the customer.

WHAT SCAN COMPUTERS HAS NEVER HAD THE INTENTION OF SIMPLY REMOVING A THREAD BECUASE OF IT'S NEGATIVE NATURE TO HIDE THE PROBLEM, duplicate threads or post may have been removed, however all original posts from the user who started the thread have been kept and the issue resolved.

Our forum is open to anyone who wishes to post within it, however the content that is posted would be expected to be accurate, relevant and factual, some posts made were not and therefore removed. SCAN does not hide issues and delete threads to hide problems as insinuated in this post.

If any HEXUS moderators feel there posts have been removed unnecessarily without explanation then please feel free to PM me directly so we can work through this.

We would expect customer's to have the intelligence to make their own decisions and please feel free to browse our forum where you will see many positive posts and also some complaints, what you will also see how we have quickly and effectively resolve these issues.

To address the point of refunds, legally we have up to 30 days to process a refund - ALL refund queries raised have been refunded well within this period of time. Once a refund is processed it can take up to 4 working days for the refund to appear in the customer's account. This process works in reverse for new transactions. The retailer simply receives authorisation that the funds are available but the actual fund are not received by the Retailer up to 4 days after the transaction has been authorsied.

We compleltey agree that it is bad that we are sometimes forced to delete posts, the majority of customer's use forums responsibly but some seem it impossible to act appropriately, some do not......

You will never see anyone from SCAN claiming we are the best, another false claim of this post. We are one of the best Retailer's and have been lucky enough to win Retailer of the Year for 4 Years an award which is actually highly sought after, with competition fearce.- Ask anyone in a position of importance at any UK Retailer and saying the Retailer of the Year award "thats so good that no major etailers actually bother to waste there time trying to get it" just shows the intelligence or lack of, the person making such a misguided comment.

SCAN is NOT perfect or the best - GoNz0, show me where we have said that we are the best?, by your own admission you no longer order from SCAN, which is unfortunate and a lost customer for SCAN, this is your choice.

SCAN has invested massively, which has been covered first hand by HEXUS.TV - IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS BELEIVING THE PICTURES COME DOWN TO SCAN AND LOOK AT WHAT WE HAVE ACHIEVED ...

The changes are not just cosmetic... SCAN's back end systems and logistical depts have also been invested in massively resulting in these FACTS, GoNz0 - We have put our money where our mouth is, "what we don't do is simply give it the mouth!.

Week beginning - 16/02/2009

No. Delayed - 16
    Total Due - 842
    Success Rate % - 98.10%

SCAN is here to offer a good service because we care about our Customer's and if anyone has any issues and I will have to sarcastically ( to make a point) add the word "Genuine" issues and not sensationalised "lies" then please feel free to do so, when it goes wrong we sort it, but more often than not it goes right!

Thanks

Chris
    Last edited by Chris P; 18-02-2009 at 01:00 PM.

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    To address the point of refunds, legally we have up to 28 days to process a refund - ALL refund queries raised have been refunded well within this period of time.
    Not quite true I'm afraid. Vast majority have I'm sure though and I believe the rest of the post

Thanks
    • GoNz0's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rampage V Extreme
      • CPU:
      • i7 something X99 based
      • Memory:
      • 16gb GSkill
      • Storage:
      • 4 SSD's + WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX980 Strix WC
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900D
      • Operating System:
      • win10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 24"
      • Internet:
      • 220mb Cable

you still have a long way to go with refunds, stock issues and letting customers down with emails up to 9pm saying they cant have the stuff you have already taken the money for.

the refund side of things would be very easy to sort out due to the very little amount if time is actually takes to issue a refund.

and if you cant take people posting in threads to let others know about there situation, maybe a public forums not the place for you ?

even worst when i have to post in here to keep your delete happy staff from editing/removing my posts.

Thanks

GoNz0

and if you cant take people posting in threads to let others know about there situation, maybe a public forums not the place for you ?
    Despite my long post you still don't grasp the concept of why particularly your posts have been deleted - YOU POST INNACURATAE INFORMATION, ON OCCASION INNACURATE LEGAL ADVICE THAT DOESNT HELP ANYONE, don't tell me you are here to help with the comments you make... All of which are still recorded!

I'll bang my already aching head against the wall again and tell you once again that we are working on the ISOLATED issues we have. It's funny that you never seem to post, with such verosity in the praise threads we receive, but spring into like like a Duracel bunny as soon as anything remotely negative comes through to the forum..

I Guess you are such a caring guy, here to keyboard warrior defend issues that don't affect you as a none SCAN customer. If you care so much stick a high vis vest on and come down and pick some order's dude , and show everyone what a wonderful caring dude you are. - Actually please don't our picking dept do stay here to 8PM busting there male nuts off to get as many order's out the door as possible, so please show some respect and don't hold this against them!

There is little more I can see, the FACTS by ME have been made clear to YOU, I see no reason to give you the respect in respondig to any more of your pointless posts. re-itterating issues we have told YOU are being addressed. - Frankly this is a waste mine and everybody's time!

Looking on the bright side, I implore anyone unfortunate enough to have read GoNz0 gorilla tacktic junk... to look at the FACTS, which cannot be ignored .. SCAN is one one the best Retailer's and the stats speak for themselves...translating into we get it right more often than not.

What I write please read and if anyone has any reservastions or issues I am here help, we are here to help. Our service is not perfect but we are working on the ISOLATED issues that occur and we are fine tuning our service. The future is bright for SCAN and our customer's, our work is never finished and we are improving every day. It's sad that issues happen, this is innevitible for any Retailer shipping the volumes we do and it's very easy to take the moral high ground and preach " I have never had a problem with this Company " but in reality problem's don't happen very often at SCAN, but when they do we have the service and the infrastructure to resolve the problem quickly and effectively, we believe a company really shows its worth in the way it deals with issues that do arise. As they say, it's not so much the problem but the way you sort it that counts the most, and this sentiment very much reflects the Scan philosophy!

This is the last time I am going to respond to you, out of professional sanity and the fact it's really pointless, as long as even the smallest of issues occur you will be here to jump in and by the number of responses I guess no body is really interested in what you post or maybe they understand it's just WRONG!

Chris

Thanks
    • format's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6750 @ 3.2ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB GSkill PC8000
      • Storage:
      • WD500GB+750GB F1 + 250GB external drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce GTX260
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520w
      • Case:
      • Antec P182 + 3 x Nexus fans
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" DGM
      • Internet:
      • BeThere* Pro

Gonzo, you have a longstanding problem with Scan, but it is getting tiresome.
    Stop whining, start using Ebuyer or even OCUK.
    Meanwhile I'll continue using Scan when I need to, content in the knowledge that there's only a 2% chance that there'll be something wrong with my order.
    ~'Armaments, universal debt, and planned obsolescence--those are the three pillars of Western prosperity'~ Aldous Huxley

Thanks

format

Removed, until I check my facts for you...
    Last edited by Chris P; 17-02-2009 at 11:51 PM. Reason: clarification of the intended recipient

Thanks
    • GoNz0's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rampage V Extreme
      • CPU:
      • i7 something X99 based
      • Memory:
      • 16gb GSkill
      • Storage:
      • 4 SSD's + WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX980 Strix WC
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900D
      • Operating System:
      • win10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 24"
      • Internet:
      • 220mb Cable

i have been using ebuyer for a while now,

i read you long winded post above, nothing new just the same hot air where you say your working on the issues, trouble is you never manage to fix them and your becoming tiresome spouting the same over and over.

yeh nice shop front no doubt, but it didnt bring in a functional allocation system.
    Last edited by GoNz0; 18-02-2009 at 12:27 AM.

Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Chris has been in touch to clarify my statement of 'not quite true' and I can state on the record that my refunds were handled well within 28 working days, just not the 28 'normal' days that I read from his post (I poked SCAN on the 28th normal day and they then initiated a refund that same day). A second refund of mine took 20 normal days, but only 14 working days.

10. Received thanks from:

Chris P (18-02-2009)

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

If any HEXUS moderators feel there posts have been removed unnecessarily without explanation then please feel free to PM me directly so we can work through this.
    Some of my posts were removed. I was not happy about that. Not at all. When A Scan mod removes a HEXUS Admins posts, the least they could do is drop that Admin a note about it. Nothing was received. I should not have to PM anyone at Scan about that. As a courtesy, I'd expect them to PM me.

To address the point of refunds, legally we have up to 28 working days to process a refund - ALL refund queries raised have been refunded well within this period of time.
    Not if the refund is a response to a Distance Selling Regs cancellation. The time limit there is 30 days, and not in working days. Where the DSR means "working" days, it specifies working days, and defines what it means by that. The Regs do not mention working days in relation to refund periods. They do mention it in relation to the time period a consumer has to send the cancellation notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Distance Selling Regs, para 14(3)
    The supplier shall make the reimbursement referred to in paragraph (1) as soon as possible and in case within a period not exceeding 30 days beginning with the day on which the notice of cancellation was given.
    Compare that to the para about cancellation ... Regulation 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Distance Selling Regs
    11 - (1) For the purposes of regulation 10, the cancellation period in the case of the supply of goods begins with the day on which the contract is concluded and ends in accordance with paragraphs (2) to (5)

(2) Where the supplier complies with regulation (8), the cancellation period ends on the expiry of the period of seven working days beginning with the day after the day on which the consumer receives the goods.
    The bold emphasis is mine.

And just for reference, the DTI advice to business on the matter (re the DSR) :-

When do I have to refund a customer's money if an order is cancelled?

As soon as possible after the customer cancels, or within 30 days at the latest. You must refund the customer's money, even if you have not yet collected the goods or had them returned to you.
    And for a DSR cancellation, prviding the contract is not an excepted one and the goods aren't on the list of exceptions, that right to a refund is unconditional, and certainly doesn't rely on whether the goods are faulty or not, or what the manufacturer has to say about them, or whether they're returned to the manufacturer or not. If the DSR covers the specific contract and goods, the right to the refund is unconditional.

In relation to the posts of mine that were deleted, :-

1) I was arguing for people to give Scan a chance to respond.
    2) I pointed out the implications of the Distance Selling Regs
    3) Your customer said he was not aware of his 7 working day period
    4) My posts, correcting those that were legally wrong and advising the buyer of his DSR rights, were deleted.
    5) I'd spent over an hour writing a detailed response, only to have it summarily deleted, without explanation.

Had the issue just been about Sale of Goods Act rights, the refund period issue would have been very different. But it wasn't. The DSR applied, according to the OP, and that information was deleted too.

Thanks

Saracen

At least in one thread I remember an explanation of why posts ( including yours ) were deleted ( not my me ) was posted (by me ) in the same thread, I understand and apologies if you took offence to this, there certainly was none intended. But we don't have the time to PM each person individually or to filter out an already long thread... Nothing personal...

As I wrote above the original post was NOT deleted and the query was "completely resolved with the customer"

I have amended mt original post to remove the word "working" and increase "28 days" to "30 days" - In kalniel's case all refund were still processed within 30 days.

Chris
    Last edited by Chris P; 18-02-2009 at 01:06 PM.

Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Chris, a humble suggestion if I may,

It might be nicer forum ettiquette to post an addition/correction/retraction rather than to keep editing your original statement - just because it makes following the replies to it that much harder.

Your latest edit still suggests that you processed ALL refund queries well within this period of time (now 30 normal days) - however as you are now aware I had a refund after 28 days and only after my chasing up of the process - 28 days is not what would reasonably be expected to be considered well within 30 days I think.

To repeat, this was a long time ago, and I'm happy with SCAN, but I think we should be careful when enthusiastically stating facts to back up an arguement not to use language that could confuse or exaggerate the claim. Sure - I probably do it all the time when being a forum fanboy of this or that, but I don't represent any legal entity or corporation

Thanks

I corrected my original post as originally written, which was worded 28 days and not working days, then changed to "working" days and then corrected back just now and changed to remove "working" and increase to "30 days"

"I have amended mt original post to remove the word "working" and increase "28 days" to "30 days" - "
    The above confirms the correction made and edited posts are time stamped...

I appreciate your comments kalniel, merely offered to look into your case as highlighted by you.

Best Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 18-02-2009 at 01:21 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GoNz0 View Post
    nothing new
    and your becoming tiresome spouting the same over and over.
    pot, kettle, black?

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750
    abit A-S78H, Phenom 9750,

My HEXUS.trust abit forums

16. Received thanks from:

Mossy (18-02-2009)

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Saracen

At least in one thread I remember an explanation of why posts ( including yours ) were deleted ( not my me ) was posted (by me ) in the same thread, I understand and apologies if you took offence to this, there certainly was none intended. But we don't have the time to PM each person individually or to filter out an already long thread... Nothing personal...

As I wrote above the original post was NOT deleted and the query was "completely resolved with the customer"

I have amended mt original post to remove the word "working" and increase "28 days" to "30 days" - In kalniel's case all refund were still processed within 30 days.

Chris
    Accepted, Chris. But the explanation only occurred after I posted again in a locked thread, which is something I don't like doing.

At the time I posted, your buyer's issues certainly weren't resolved, and he had posted asking me a question directly, which was whether he should use his DSR rights. It was deleted before I could answer.

It's also in the nature of a public forum, as opposed to a closed support ticket system, that people other than the one raising the issue read the replies, including points about their DSR rights.

The buyer's initial concerns were that a brand new card was not properly functioning from day one, in that it wouldn't run Far Cry benchmarks. He reported,in that post, that he'd spoken to Scan and that it might take an extended period to check the card out because of the process apparently used in relation to XFX, and that he was worried he'd be without his card for nearly a month.

Well, if he's within his DSR period, he can just cancel the contract, provided he acts within the mandatory time limit and does so in accordance with the DSR. The thing is, he was within that time limit, but his post implied it might have been only just within it. Time elapsing could have resulted in him losing that right, which is partly why deleting that looked so bad.

The option to use the DSR wasn't, at least, initially explained to him when he spoke to Scan. No problem there, as I'm not aware that anyone has to provide such advice as long as you give the mandatory information in T&Cs and by mail, etc, and Scan do. But he didn't know that he had that option, until I told him.

So he asked if I thought he should use it? And that was the point at which my posts, advising him of that option, and his question to me, were (among others) deleted.

Was there information in that thread about legal matters that was wrong. Yup. That's why I spent time correcting (IMHO) what was wrong.

But Chris, when whole blocks of posts are deleted, including the ones that inform the buyer about his DSR rights and his questions relating to that are deleted, it's going to look bad, it looks like something's being hidden, even if it isn't.

I've said frequently and regulary that my opinion of Scan is that you're one of the best mail-order outfits out there, and that by far the greatest majority of "complaints" end up being resolved to the customer's satisfaction, as indeed happened eventually with the thread in question. The OP seems to have ended up quite happy, with is how it usually ends up. That's my the start of my first deleted post was
    Oh boy.

Firstly, Alfieg, can I make two points. Before getting too involved in what your legal rights may or may not be, give Scan a chance to respond. There's no point making threats if you don't need to. See what they say.
    In other words, I was confident that when you guys arrived at work, it'd be seen and sorted. Experience tells me that that's what happens.

But I've been running online services since the days of Wildcat BBS software and when 2400 baud modems were state of the art, and as grand a piece. Experience tells me that just deleting blocks of posts, however tempting and however short of time the person doing it was, is nearly always ill-advised. The reason is that it annoys people. I mean, it annoyed the hell out of me and I'm a Scan fan.

Far, FAR better is to explain and defuse. If you don't, all you do is wind people up and store up trouble. People start posting in other threads, and if that fails, they post on other forums, and if that fails, on other sites where you can't block it.

I know it's a pain, especially when some of what's being advised is wrong (and it certainly was), but in my opinion, by far the best approach is to explain you side and let others judge for themselves. Deleting stuff makes you look bad, even if you feel you have good reason.

Sure, sometimes it's necessary. I'll delete posts on Hexus if, for instance, they're advocating illegal activity, piracy, conspiracy to commit various offences, are libellous and so forth. But only as an absolute need to protect Hexus from legal ramifications.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

.... But we don't have the time to PM each person individually or to filter out an already long thread... Nothing personal...
    Understood. But as a matter of etiquette, I would not edit or delete another member of the mod/admin teams posts without extreme justification, and if I did, I'd let that member of the team know I'd done it, and why.

There are boards where doing that would immediately result in removal of the ability to do it, and there are boards where permissions are set so that it's simply not possible to do it in the first place. I am or have been on the mod team on boards that do both.

How would you react if I deleted posts of yours without explanation or contact? Not best pleased, I imagine. As I said, it's a courtesy thing. And yes, I know you didn't delete anything of mine, Chris. It's an example.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information