Thread: iNexQ 54g Wireless AP and PCMCIA card

DR
    Thanks

iNexQ 54g Wireless AP and PCMCIA card

So if you're looking to rid yourself of the shackles imposed by wires, the iNeXq is a good a starting point as any. Suggested pricing puts the Access Point at around £85 and the accompanying PCMCIA adapter at £50. As with most things, once you've used it, you are simply loathed to go back to the traditional system. We'll refrain from awarding a rating until we've tested solutions from other manufacturers
    http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...lld19JRD02NTM=

Thanks
    Wireless Newbie Alert

I just bought one of these and for the life of me I cant get windows to stop complaining "network cable unplugged"

Windows XP SP-1 - All updates
    2* 10/100 network cards (one onboard, one PCI)
    Cable modem -> First network card
    HR054g -> Second network card

Windows complains that "network cable unplugged" to the HR054g although the cable is good.

Lights on HR054g
    power=on
    LAN=off
    802.11g=flashing

What sort of cable should I be using between the PC network card and the HR054g? I'm using a straight through CAT5e. Should it be a crossover?

Thanks
    Paul

PS I've changed the IP subnet as detailed in the review but that hasn't helped with the 'cable unplugged' problem.
    Last edited by obvious; 30-03-2004 at 05:38 PM.

Rys
    Tiled
    Thanks
    Try a crossover or make sure the existing patch cable is actually working by testing it using the network card.

Either it should be a patch cable like you're using, and it's duff, or you need a crossover.

Rys
    MOLLY AND POPPY!

Thanks
    Thanks Rys. I decided to try and make things simpler by getting a 5 port Switch (D-Link DGS-1005D) and taking out one of my NICs.

After unplugging the cable modem and just having the HR054g connected to the PC via the Switch and changing my IP to 192.168.1.2, subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 and default gateway to 198.168.1.1 (just copied gateway setting from the review), now I've managed to get a green light on the LAN signal on the HR054g but I cant for the life of me access configuration on 192.168.1.2 from internet explorer.

I've emailed support@inexq.com but it's like waiting for a bus.

TIA for any thoughts anyone might have on this.

BTW, this is a second user W-LAN and I guess they might have changed the IP address. Is there any way to reset to factory default?
    Last edited by obvious; 06-04-2004 at 08:39 PM.

Thanks
    You don't have a firewall blocking anything do you? My first try with networking took soooo much longer than it should have because of Zone ALARM...
    Well Hello!

Thread Information