Thread: Shuttle XPC SB75G2 and XPC ST62K Zen

DR
    Thanks

Shuttle XPC SB75G2 and XPC ST62K Zen

Wait, there's more!. We're also taking a look at Shuttle's newest XPC design philosophy. The 'Zen' promises to be smaller, sexier, and smarter than before. ATI's Radeon 9100 IGP is tasked with chipset duties. Shuttle's been brave enough to move the PSU out from the chassis and drop the AGP slot. Bravery or foolishness. Let's get the bottom of this interesting pair of cubes.
    URL: http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...lld19JRD03MzA=

Registered+
    Thanks

Thumbs down Sb75g2

I've had one of these for a while now, coming from an Intel/Asus-MB/Coolermaster-case combo. I have to say that I'm very underimpressed. When you get over the cool factor of the case and start using this day on day you find that the quality of the system leaves alot to be desired. Mostly BIOS issues I think. Regularly the box will hang at boot time, either probing memory or probing discs. The Intel loco is a PITA after a while [press tab folks!] and the documentation around what the bios options is non-existant. I've since upgraded to the latest BIOS release and it has some how managed to screw up playing games now. The games run twice as fast as they should, as if in fast forward mode. The performance of the box is excellent but reliability needs to be improved.

Looking for an alternative to this now.
    --
    Neil J. McRae -- Alive and Kicking
    neil@DOMINO.ORG

Thanks
    I've had absolutely no problem with mine at all, been very happy with it and don't regret the move to SFF at all..
    Must have got a bad 'un ?
    SB75G2 - P4 3.2C - X800XT PE

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartop
    I've had absolutely no problem with mine at all, been very happy with it and don't regret the move to SFF at all..
    Must have got a bad 'un ?
    no, lots of simliar reports around the Internet about the same stuff also.

Although one issue that I've tracked that has helped was that a USB keyboard I was using was causing problems. Something strange about that specific keyboard, ok on my Asus MB but the shuttles doesn't seem to like it, but it +does+ like a different USB keyboard. I like the shuttle but they have still away to go to get to the level that Asus or Abit are. The features are great on it and I'd still recommend one but as I said still some improvements could be made. The SATA Raid is outstanding though, the speed that windows boots is incredible.

Neil.
    --
    Neil J. McRae -- Alive and Kicking
    neil@DOMINO.ORG

Thread Information