Thread: Reviews - PlayStation Move

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Reviews - PlayStation Move

Sony's motion-sensing peripheral has arrived! Should Nintendo be shaking in its boots?
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: Reviews - PlayStation Move

I've had a couple of occasions where (in different games) it just won't calibrate, it goes through the motions but then the pointer (in the shoot) dissapears or goes wild or the blue foam hand (in Start the Party) just spins around wildy or will only lie flat. Only by closing the game then re-starting it does it work.

I only bought the thing for 'family' entertainment, maybe I'm the target market more than the kiddies as I look at the Wii with disgust and this is basically a bit better Wii remote with fancier graphics.

I would not that I had some trouble with the camera as the USB lead coming out of the back is so stiff it starts to move the PS Eye when you place it still so you have to position it slighty facing away from where you want it to end up so that when it turns it ends up in the right place. The USB should go into the base & up to the camera which would solve that problem.

As you say the games are pants, obviously more are coming & I'm part way through downloading the Heavy Rain move demo (hated the first demo) so I'll see if that changes my mind.

One last thing, the demo that came with my move of Start the party does not mention Fruit Ninja, the downloadable (and presumably the same?) demo from PSN mentions it, are they different?

Thanks

Re: Reviews - PlayStation Move

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_B View Post
    I've had a couple of occasions where (in different games) it just won't calibrate, it goes through the motions but then the pointer (in the shoot) dissapears or goes wild or the blue foam hand (in Start the Party) just spins around wildy or will only lie flat. Only by closing the game then re-starting it does it work.

I only bought the thing for 'family' entertainment, maybe I'm the target market more than the kiddies as I look at the Wii with disgust and this is basically a bit better Wii remote with fancier graphics.

I would not that I had some trouble with the camera as the USB lead coming out of the back is so stiff it starts to move the PS Eye when you place it still so you have to position it slighty facing away from where you want it to end up so that when it turns it ends up in the right place. The USB should go into the base & up to the camera which would solve that problem.

As you say the games are pants, obviously more are coming & I'm part way through downloading the Heavy Rain move demo (hated the first demo) so I'll see if that changes my mind.

One last thing, the demo that came with my move of Start the party does not mention Fruit Ninja, the downloadable (and presumably the same?) demo from PSN mentions it, are they different?
    Hmm, I've not had any calibration issues yet. Start The Party worked fine. I wonder if its anything to do with your lighting?

Oh man, Heavy Rain really blows with Move. It's a pain in the arse having to constantly move your hands about for menial tasks.

Thread Information