Thread: Reviews - Kinect Sports - Xbox 360

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Reviews - Kinect Sports - Xbox 360

Throw an invisible javelin and jump over hurdles to the sounds of the Beach Boys in Microsoft's controller-free sport's compilation.
    Read more.

Thanks
    • rover214's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8P67M
      • CPU:
      • I5 2400
      • Memory:
      • 8gb Mushkin Copperhead
      • Storage:
      • 120gb Intel 330 ssd, 1tb Samsung F3, 500gb WD Caviar Green
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA gtx 660 sc 2gb
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 600w
      • Case:
      • Fractal Arc Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Philips 22" full HD led
      • Internet:
      • VM 60mb

Re: Reviews - Kinect Sports - Xbox 360

I have been playing this for the past week and it is what Wii sports was when the Wii launched,

I see it as more of an evolution than a revolution,

As I enjoyed Wii sports on launch day and I was in awe of the bowling (as an avid 10 pin bowler of the past) so, I am with this as I was with the Wii,

It is not so much the depth of gameplay or the high definition graphics, it is the simplicity and short learning curve, the switch on and go factor of Wii sports insofar as, I have played it for 10 mins before going out (maybe to get some practice) and also for about 2 hours on all the events trying them and giving them each equal play-time and I enjoyed both seesions equally,

I can see the appeal of the Kinect, I initially thought that it was over-priced but, on reflection, it is far more average priced than I gave credit for,

I think that there is only a limited amount of games that can be done without a controller or prop of somekind and I hope that Micro$oft squeeze as many interesting games out as they can before these are needed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rover214 View Post
    I have been playing this for the past week and it is what Wii sports was when the Wii launched,

I see it as more of an evolution than a revolution,

As I enjoyed Wii sports on launch day and I was in awe of the bowling (as an avid 10 pin bowler of the past) so, I am with this as I was with the Wii,

It is not so much the depth of gameplay or the high definition graphics, it is the simplicity and short learning curve, the switch on and go factor of Wii sports insofar as, I have played it for 10 mins before going out (maybe to get some practice) and also for about 2 hours on all the events trying them and giving them each equal play-time and I enjoyed both seesions equally,

I can see the appeal of the Kinect, I initially thought that it was over-priced but, on reflection, it is far more average priced than I gave credit for,

I think that there is only a limited amount of games that can be done without a controller or prop of somekind and I hope that Micro$oft squeeze as many interesting games out as they can before these are needed.
    Hear Hear! Like you said, Kinect Sports is nowhere near as exciting as the first time you play Wii Sports, because that was innovative. However, it is a far better game than Wii Sports in terms of how it performs with Kinect.

I too hope there are some decent games for it.

Thanks

A suggestion, please: "Play as your own avatar and pimp him in the marketplace" (Title, page 2) to "Play as your own avatar and pimp him/her [or "it"] in the marketplace".

Baius
    Tech: NAS | D2 | L1 | N1 | T2 | U1 | P3

0iD@TWDJT: P: Test flight OK, except auto-land very rough.
    S: Auto-land not installed on this aircraft.

Thread Information