Thread: Corsair XMS3700 TwinX Dual-Channel Memory Kit

DR
    Thanks

Corsair XMS3700 TwinX Dual-Channel Memory Kit review @ Hexus.net

In summary, if your RAM requirements are that it should go high in absolute MHz terms, preferably in a dual-channel motherboard, the Corsair TwinX XMS3700 memory kit is a safe and expensive bet. However, if you're looking for high MHz and low latencies in one package, you'll need to elsewhere."

http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...lld19JRD01OTc=

slave of the hypnotoad
    Thanks
    Plug-n-Frag Auto-Configuration
    lol, if they stopped spending so much time dreaming up the most rediculous marketing terms imaginable and spent more concentrated on making better memory so that they could justify charging such high prices!

the review has next to nothing about overclocking the sticks though, except to say they run at DDR500? is that the absolute max they will overclock too? what about timings at that speed? and after already stating in the review that most people who buy these sticks won't be running at stock speeds it's seems a little strange not to go into more depth about overclocking these sticks.

is nice to see a review which doesn't completely suck up to corsair for once, i agree that they make products which generally do what they say on the tin (bar a few hiccups recently) and their customer support is regarded as very good but there are plenty of other modules out there which offer comparative or higher speeds at a much lower cost. in my opinion they are appealing much more to the 'rich kid' market rather than the enthusiast market nowadays. at the moment a-data offers considerably better performance to price modules, with their ddr500 wiping the floor with corsair pc4000, all they lack is a big badge telling others you spent a load of £££ on your memory!

Happy Now?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by fondie
    the review has next to nothing about overclocking the sticks though, except to say they run at DDR500? is that the absolute max they will overclock too? what about timings at that speed? and after already stating in the review that most people who buy these sticks won't be running at stock speeds it's seems a little strange not to go into more depth about overclocking these sticks.
    Running in excess of DDR 500 isnt easy though.
    I dont like sig pics so i turn off sigs Which doesnt help when i dont know what ive written here! DOH!

slave of the hypnotoad
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Bindibadgi
    Running in excess of DDR 500 isnt easy though.
    maybe not, but there are numerous ram sticks than can now, so it's useful to be able to compare between them all.

Thread Information