Thread: Silverstone Temjin III (TJ-03)

DR
    Thanks

Silverstone Temjin III (TJ-03)

In all honesty my first impressions of the SilverStone TJ-03 were very high. There are a few areas that I’m not 100% happy with but let's hope SilverStone keep producing stunning cases and make them readily available within the UK.
    http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...lld19JRD03NjY=

Thanks
    " When I looked last it was possible to buy this case for around $255 in America. At the current conversion rate that is £130. Not a bad price in my opinion for a full aluminium tower case."

Except that they are £230 in the UK

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750
    abit A-S78H, Phenom 9750,

My HEXUS.trust abit forums

XTR
    Va-va-vooom
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BUFF
    " When I looked last it was possible to buy this case for around $255 in America. At the current conversion rate that is £130. Not a bad price in my opinion for a full aluminium tower case."

Except that they are £230 in the UK

when i reviewed that no1 in the UK stocked it............ so i wasn't able to judge how much it was going to be for the UK market............ so i tried my best to guess how much it would be...........

*Disclaimer* - The contents of this message are not necessarily my own opinions,thoughts or views... they may belong to the voices in my head!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by XTR
    when i reviewed that no1 in the UK stocked it............ so i wasn't able to judge how much it was going to be for the UK market............ so i tried my best to guess how much it would be...........
    This brings up the question of why it takes so long for some reviews to go on Hexus? If there is a product launch & an NDA I can understand but Kustom have had these in stock for months.
    http://www.xtr.me.uk/gallery/SilverStoneTJ03 was linked in March at Kustom - I assume that's yours.

& of course we know that if it sells for a $ in the 'States it usually sells for a £ in the UK.

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750

Thanks
    Judging by your pictures I can see why you felt the case wasn't quite as sturdy as the 101/110. At the rear of the case on the 110 there is a thicker post in the corner - much thicker than the one on the silverstone. Together with the central pillar on the motherboard side this gives the extra strength required for the deeper than standard case.

It isn't a patch on the CM 110

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    It isn't a patch on the CM 110
    The front panel is far less attractive, isn't it?

Other than that it looks pretty well made... most silverstones have seemed pretty decent that I have seen.

DR
    Thanks
    This brings up the question of why it takes so long for some reviews to go on Hexus? If there is a product launch & an NDA I can understand but Kustom have had these in stock for months.
    http://www.xtr.me.uk/gallery/SilverStoneTJ03 was linked in March at Kustom - I assume that's yours.

& of course we know that if it sells for a $ in the 'States it usually sells for a £ in the UK.

Buff, with all due respect it is up to me when new reviews go live on the site. We have literally hundreds of products come in - and a case review is not at the top of priorities.

Thanks
    I own this case i also own a CM101

The cm101 is a slightly better build quality, the side panels especially.

Its far better than my blackwidow in terms of quality and i prefer it to the 110 and my 101, its also bigger than both with 1 more drive bay. (although missing 3.5" drives.)

As soon as i saw this case, i knew id get one evntually, i have no regrets infact i feel fortunate to have bought it for the price i did.
    Last edited by Smurfy; 31-08-2004 at 06:59 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by David
    Buff, with all due respect it is up to me when new reviews go live on the site. We have literally hundreds of products come in - and a case review is not at the top of priorities.
    I'm not trying to get at you personally David & I'm sure that you do get 100's of products to review.
    However, I'm trying to understand why a review that was finished some time ago (possibly up to 6 months) hasn't been posted before.
    There have certainly been days if not weeks since then when Hexus hasn't posted a review.

Now failing that, as more information became available in the interim since the review was written could the article not either have been edited or probably more likely had an addendum added?

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750

DR
    Thanks
    I'm not trying to get at you personally David & I'm sure that you do get 100's of products to review.
    However, I'm trying to understand why a review that was finished some time ago (possibly up to 6 months) hasn't been posted before.
    There have certainly been days if not weeks since then when Hexus hasn't posted a review.

Now failing that, as more information became available in the interim since the review was written could the article not either have been edited or probably more likely had an addendum added?
    It is up to the author to edit it - not an issue.
    We go live with a new review every 2 to 3 days, sometimes more than 1 review a day. 'Weeks' is just a lie.

Marmoset Warrior
    Thanks
    Brilliant review anyhow, even if it was late it is still a cracking review, well worth my reading time

XTR
    Va-va-vooom
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by r1zeek
    Brilliant review anyhow, even if it was late it is still a cracking review, well worth my reading time

Always nice to get feedback like this

Thanks r1zeek

*Disclaimer* - The contents of this message are not necessarily my own opinions,thoughts or views... they may belong to the voices in my head!

Thanks
    So, in your opinion what is better Coolermaster ATCS Series or Silverstone?

I have a CM201B for 2 years now and it's got to take something REALLY good to top this!

XTR
    Va-va-vooom
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hazeldene
    So, in your opinion what is better Coolermaster ATCS Series or Silverstone?

I have a CM201B for 2 years now and it's got to take something REALLY good to top this!

Coolermaster.......... Cant beat the CM201B I've got one.

Thread Information