Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Cyberpower Infinity Hercules Pro

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    28,815
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1,864 times in 637 posts

    Cyberpower Infinity Hercules Pro

    Core i5 and GTX 960 in an £800 base unit.
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Poor graduate. Ulti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,007
    Thanks
    702
    Thanked
    222 times in 191 posts
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • AsRock B450M Pro4
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
      • Memory:
      • Team Group Delta 32GB
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 970 EVO+ 500GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit GTX 1070 8GB
      • PSU:
      • SilverStone SX500-LG V2.0
      • Case:
      • Jonsbo UMX3 TG Version
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC Agon AG322QC4 31.5"
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet Fibre Extra 80/20

    Re: Cyberpower Infinity Hercules Pro

    Source 340 chassis has no front intake
    The S340 does have 2x 120mm fan intakes. However, what I assume you mean is Cyberpower have not installed any front intake fans.

  3. #3
    Señor Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    281
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked
    23 times in 21 posts

    Re: Cyberpower Infinity Hercules Pro

    Quick price check, you could buy the parts for the exact same system (apart from the ref. GPU is replaced with a Twin Frozr) for £729.58 + shipping. See parts list here http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/T2kvhM

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1 time in 1 post

    Re: Cyberpower Infinity Hercules Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CustardInc View Post
    Quick price check, you could buy the parts for the exact same system (apart from the ref. GPU is replaced with a Twin Frozr) for £729.58 + shipping. See parts list here http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/T2kvhM
    Missing the "free" Wireless card, free next day shippping, and the 3yr warranty, and the cost for the prebuild, and pre-set overclocking. So not amazingly bad once you factor in those costs for £70. Card can be had for £15, so your then talking £55 for prebuild and pre-set overclocking, and shipping.

  5. #5
    Señor Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    281
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked
    23 times in 21 posts

    Re: Cyberpower Infinity Hercules Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Sim0n View Post
    Missing the "free" Wireless card, free next day shippping, and the 3yr warranty, and the cost for the prebuild, and pre-set overclocking. So not amazingly bad once you factor in those costs for £70. Card can be had for £15, so your then talking £55 for prebuild and pre-set overclocking, and shipping.
    Ah, yeah, missed the wireless AIB as it wasn't listed on page 2. As for the other stuff, I did say you can buy 'the parts for the exact same system'. Overclocking, assembly and slower delivery aren't much of an issue for an enthusiast. I agree that it's a pretty good deal, I would absolutely pay £55 for a 3 year warranty on my computer and a guaranteed overclock.

  6. #6
    IQ: 1.42
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    old trafford
    Posts
    1,102
    Thanks
    132
    Thanked
    76 times in 67 posts
    • Tunnah's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8P67 PRO
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 2700K
      • Memory:
      • 12GB DDR3-1600
      • Storage:
      • Various SSDs, 90TB RAID6 HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone 650w
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC70B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • 40mbit Sky Fibre

    Re: Cyberpower Infinity Hercules Pro

    If I was going for a mid-range gaming system, there is no way I'd go Intel, it just doesn't make sense. AMD is a way better choice for a more budget-orientated middle of the road build.

    This chipset I'd say is more suited for a higher end rig, I'd pair this chipset with a 970 and a QHD monitor.

    But mid range implies you're not really wanting to splash the cash...£800 is most definitely splashio el cashio territory.

    Also, 12gb RAM over 8, I find most new games push the limits with only 8.

  7. #7
    IQ: 1.42
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    old trafford
    Posts
    1,102
    Thanks
    132
    Thanked
    76 times in 67 posts
    • Tunnah's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8P67 PRO
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 2700K
      • Memory:
      • 12GB DDR3-1600
      • Storage:
      • Various SSDs, 90TB RAID6 HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone 650w
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC70B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • 40mbit Sky Fibre

    Re: Cyberpower Infinity Hercules Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CustardInc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim0n View Post
    Missing the "free" Wireless card, free next day shippping, and the 3yr warranty, and the cost for the prebuild, and pre-set overclocking. So not amazingly bad once you factor in those costs for £70. Card can be had for £15, so your then talking £55 for prebuild and pre-set overclocking, and shipping.
    Ah, yeah, missed the wireless AIB as it wasn't listed on page 2. As for the other stuff, I did say you can buy 'the parts for the exact same system'. Overclocking, assembly and slower delivery aren't much of an issue for an enthusiast. I agree that it's a pretty good deal, I would absolutely pay £55 for a 3 year warranty on my computer and a guaranteed overclock.
    Your price misses the PSU.

    Personally if I was building this for someone I'd save em £100 and put AMD CPU in, and swap those drives for a 2TB SSHD for same price

  8. #8
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    3 times in 1 post

    Re: Cyberpower Infinity Hercules Pro

    I thought all these £1000 systems, overclocked, with CXs were bad enough, but an £800 rig powered by a VS? And it's a 960, a 4430/4440/4460 (whichever is cheapest at the time) and an H97 are a much better match, cash saved lets you put in a decent PSU and an SSD with synchronous NAND at the very least.
    Last edited by zen1966; 26-02-2015 at 12:03 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •