• Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • W10 pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic vx3211-2k-mhd, Dell P2414H

Re: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB

Nope, just 4%. Over the same period Nvidia got 6% gain on high end cards

fury X is already well within 10% of a stock 980ti, the reviews are just quibbling over the last 1% - although the idle pump noise is hardly silent

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xlucine View Post
    Nope, just 4%. Over the same period Nvidia got 6% gain on high end cards
    On those games yes. It should be noted that in most of those games Nvidia has less of an increase - however their cards have 1 big gain each in 2 different games. It's not exactly the most scientific method of working out who has made the most gains - and to be frank a lot of those "gains" in that article are within the margin of error for a normal benchmark.

fury X is already well within 10% of a stock 980ti, the reviews are just quibbling over the last 1% - although the idle pump noise is hardly silent
    Yes but my point is an OC'd version with updated drivers will be an awful lot closer. 18% is within range.

Only today we've found out that overclocking the core by 95MHz and the HBM by 100 MHz leads to a huge (20%) increase in 3dmark score - http://techfrag.com/2015/06/29/hbm-o...e-overclocked/

That suggests that something might be a bit broken with HBM. This is new technology, drivers are gonna help a lot. 15.20 is due soon apparently.

IQ: 1.42
    Thanks
    • Tunnah's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus somethingorother
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB 3600
      • Storage:
      • Various SSDs, 90TB RAID6 HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone 650w
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC70B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • 40mbit Sky Fibre

Quote Originally Posted by Roobubba View Post
    The 4K figures, while impressive and headline-grabbing, really aren't the most exciting bit about this article, for me at least. That accolade goes to the superb 1440p performance in most games, where you could genuinely run near to 120 or 144Hz. Coupled with a GSync monitor, even 4K looks like it could be excellent, but really until you're up over the 80-90fps range, fast paced shooters just aren't as good. The thought of running at 120fps on 1440p with some of the less obtuse eye-candy on is appetising, to say the least.

Thanks for the review!
    I did quite a bit of research lately on G-SYNC and it seems it's not really suited for higher FPS. It's more for improving gaming on lower FPS systems, ie. making slower cards seem fast and smooth. If a card can do 120fps etc there's no need to pay extra for a G-SYNC panel. I was looking into the Asus one that's £650 because I thought the combination of G-SYNC and 144hz would be best, however I realized G-SYNC is better for 4K because that's where you're gonna get less than 60fps. Combine that with 144hz panels being TN and 4K IPS G-SYNC screens being cheaper and bigger, it's an easy choice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information