• Corsair D350
      • Operating System:
      • Window 10 pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • SG2716 (2560 x 1440) 144hz
      • Internet:
      • Zen ADSL2+

Re: Razer Mamba (2015)

Another Wireless mouse on the market that will be a wireless laggy pile of crap... I owned the 1st Mamba (bought for me I must add), sold it after one evening's use due to the lag & every one that comes out that states "Lag free wireless gaming" is just a lie. You've only got to wait two or three weeks for user reviews to come out & see the mugs that have bought one to say there is a "V-sync type of lag" when using it.

The price to be fair was about the same as the 1st gen Mamba & this one has "lights" ! Thats another thing that I cant get my head around, people buy these fancy lighing peripherals & then stare at a screen ? I bet the uber geeks/gamers dont have meany freinds over that would appreciate their WONDER of a mouse or keyboard that lights up more than Blackpool sea front...

Thanks

I am happy with my wireless Logitec and would not want a mouse that can't be used wirelessly. I am on a laptop most of the time, used on my lap some of the time and the fewer wires the better. That said, ideally a mouse should be usable wired and wirelessly, which the Mamba offers. On paper anyway, it seems like a good mouse. The only thing I would prefer, is removable battery (and a lower price tag). To be honest, I've used my current mouse for what, 7+ years (actually, I think it is 8+)? Even if it did cost £135, it'll be £20 a year. Which works out to about 5.5 pence per day. I spend more than that on.. a lot of things.

Seems like Microsoft hasn't bothered to update their Sidewinder gaming mouse. It was a bit clunky for my small hands, but I felt that they were onto something.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • DownBringer's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z97 Pro Gamer
      • CPU:
      • i5 - 4690K @ 4.4Ghz
      • Memory:
      • HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB Red
      • Storage:
      • Corsair Force GS 120GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 970 x 2
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 750W G2
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 650D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ V2400Z
      • Internet:
      • Sky Fibre Unlimited (38mb/s)

So, I had my Razer Mamba 2015 edition delivered on Saturday, replacing my ageing 1st gen Mamba.

If I'm honest, it is a very responsive mouse, comfortable to use for extended periods of time. The lighting effects are pretty, but not particularly useful, it would be nice for games to be able to provide some feedback via the mouse lights - flashing red lights if your health is low etc, but this will never happen for obvious reasons.

The main reason I spent that ridiculous amount of money on the mouse was the shape, the Mamba was the first mouse that I found genuinely met my needs ergonomically.

I've never experienced any lag on my first gen mamba or this version. With the exception of my phone, there is very little wireless interference in my office.

I spent some time playing TF2, Bioshock Infinite over the weekend, and the mouse is a joy to game with. I've yet to throw the DPI all the way up to 16,000 at 1920x1200 there is very little reason to, but I'm sure the higher DPI settings could be useful for 4K and 3440x1440.

As for going wireless, I hate wire snag whilst playing competitively, It always happens at the worst possible times, and after having the g7 back in the day determined wireless was the only thing I would take.

Mouse ticks all my boxes but price. Need to see if the cost works out over the week, or I shall keep my 1st gen for a little while longer. If Corsair ever released a wireless G65 I would take that instead.

4. Received thanks from:

Terbinator (13-01-2016)

Thanks
    • Rubarb's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI H81m-E33
      • CPU:
      • G3258
      • Memory:
      • 8GB hyper x beast
      • Storage:
      • 120ssd, 2gb hdd
      • Graphics card(s):
      • msi gtx960 4gb
      • PSU:
      • seasonic 450w
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake mozrt tx
      • Operating System:
      • windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • samsung 24'
      • Internet:
      • 100mb

Looks fantastic but at that price... guess I and many other gamers will never know if its any good because we will never fork out that kind'a money on a single mouse.

You have to wonder what Razer is thinking half the time?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information