Thread: Scan 3XS System

DR
    Thanks

Scan 3XS System

"It's been an eye-opening experience to see just how far pre-built systems have come in the last few years. You may pay a little more than if you built it yourself, and the enjoyment of your personal creation may be missing, but the satisfaction of just switching on your new PC and the piece of mind that a warranty brings are a couple of reasons why OEM PCs are still selling well. Scan's systems may be a little pricey compared to some of the competition, but the build quality and workmanship is outstanding."

URL: http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...lld19JRD02MDU=

Thanks
    lol ROFL

Scan and build quality in the same paragraph !

lol ROFL

Team HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    That was the same kind of ill-informed comment that was directed at OCZ 6 months ago. Now look in what regard most enthusiasts hold them in ?.

Unfortunately for some e-tailers, their reputations seem to automatically tarnish their products, irrespective of how good they are when viewed subjectively and without bias.

At one with the weasels
    Thanks
    Well afaik Scan's only real complaint has always been returns and customer service. Their build quality wasn't complained about just when a return was required it could pose problems. But they have come on leaps and bounds

Should also take the time to mention well done on the review
    [WARNING] May contain trace levels of sarcasm

[SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]A[SIZE=2]mbition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy

Lushious leg end
    Thanks
    • Bleek's system
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II 720@ 3.9GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB GeIL Black Dragon PC6400
      • Storage:
      • 4x 80GB Hitachi Deskstar RAID 1+0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HIS ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • X-Clio 550W
      • Case:
      • Antec Sonata Piano Black
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x 23" Samsung
      • Internet:
      • 2Mbit (max in my village)
    Looks a bit ropey to me.

DR
    Thanks
    In what sense? How about a more constructive and detailed post. I know Scan read the forums so that they can see what the users find they want

Lushious leg end
    Thanks
    • Bleek's system
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HIS ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • X-Clio 550W
      • Case:
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x 23" Samsung
      • Internet:
    Originally posted by David
    In what sense? How about a more constructive and detailed post. I know Scan read the forums so that they can see what the users find they want
    Sorry, very rude of me really.

It all comes down to personal tast but its the case design that gets me. Small things like the holes and the lock aren't to my taste, just the general case design (not the layout) that's not my cup of tea.

However the layout inside is tidy, better then many companies who throw their pc's togeather and I have to agree with you on the TFT front, a 17" should be mandatory with that kind of spec.

Thanks
    Full marks for a good PSU/case, but the monitor, CPU and graphics card aren't up to scratch for a 1.3k PC. Little things like the quality of the CPU cooler go a long way to showing how polished a system is - you'll only notice if you install some temperature monitoring software or open the case so it's an obvious corner to cut. I've been very impressed with the Dell systems I've seen for the quality of their construction and design of their cooling.

Lushious leg end
    Thanks
    • Bleek's system
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HIS ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • X-Clio 550W
      • Case:
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x 23" Samsung
      • Internet:
    Originally posted by Zathras
    Full marks for a good PSU/case, but the monitor, CPU and graphics card aren't up to scratch for a 1.3k PC. Little things like the quality of the CPU cooler go a long way to showing how polished a system is - you'll only notice if you install some temperature monitoring software or open the case so it's an obvious corner to cut. I've been very impressed with the Dell systems I've seen for the quality of their construction and design of their cooling.
    Yeah the PSU is one point of concern when it comes to pre-built systems but no see here.

However I have to disagree with you on using Dell as a good example, working with them proffessionaly now for 3 years I still don't like their systems and wouldn't class them as good quality.

..but hey, thats another topic!

Thanks
    Going on past experience, I (my own personal opinion) will NEVER buy or recommend a Scan product.

I will go into detail with anyone that cares to contact me, but I will not be drawn into a public slanging match.

nb. Please note this is my own view of Scan, and not that of Hexus.net or it's associated staff/members.

Thanks
    The Dell systems I've used have always seemed very quiet in comparison with other pre-built and the quality of the fans used has always been top-notch. As for Scan, well, they're local to me (15 mins in the car) so I'll buy from them if I need something quick plus I can return stuff easily enough. I haven't had to RMA anything yet so I don't know how that side of things works out, but I do have the option of going in and trying to work replacements etc out face-to-face which gives me a bit more confidence.

Thread Information