Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (16nm Pascal)

Thanks
    • Jace007's system
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 7700k
      • Memory:
      • 16GB
      • Storage:
      • 500GB SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia 1080
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 750w
      • Operating System:
      • WinLOW

Re: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (16nm Pascal)

Nice Card indeed. i hope they have decent price here in the UK from the likes of Asus, MSI EVGA etc. Will they do the free Game offer with this also ? Maybe Mass effect Andromeda or Ghost recon. i agree with some of the above post Why is'nt nvidia using the full fat GP102. unless this is an issue with the yields or full implementation. But anyhow this is a beast of a card for people who bought or got larger monitors. I would say that if you dont already own a 1080 then this is worth getting and if you need something cheaper wait for the newer revision of the 1070 & 1080 with the faster memory before you buy. They'll release those closer to Vega i think.

Registered+
    Thanks

Maybe it is time for another upgrade

Thanks

too little gain in games compared to what already is out there.

Registered+
    Thanks

Wow that thing uses more power than my entire system! Come on nVidia I just want a single slot low profile 1050Ti.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anselhelm View Post
    "Not full implementation of GP102"

Thank you!

I posted something about that on Ars and got downvoted to oblivion, probably by zealous Nvidia fans or people who didn't properly read my post.

I simply do not believe that yields can be so low on GP102 now that Nvidia cannot release a "full-fat" GP102 implementation with 3840 shaders (30 blocks enabled instead of just 28) along with the max number of texture units (I think that'd be 240) and ROPs (96 I presume, unless they go beyond a 384-bit memory bus).

As such, once again it feels like Nvidia is deliberately holding back just so it can release a new Titan X (or whatever) for the same >$1000+ price tag and claim it's still the enthusiast's hero. What's worse is that people still defend Nvidia for these kind of practices, just like how people defend Intel!

I really, really hope that AMD isn't going to drop the ball with Vega or price it above Nvidia, just so that Nvidia has to actually compete a bit again. When there's no competition, we'll still get faster products, but they won't be as fast or as cheap as they should be.
    The Titan cards are NOT aimed at gamers. It is a HERO to people who can't afford $5000 for a Quadro etc. You can buy 2 titans and a whole PC for the price of a PRO card. IF you don't need the software/driver support of the PRO models, you walk away thinking you've stolen the card at these prices. 1080ti IS the consumer version. But Titan (again, it's price especially) is aimed at users who cringe over $5000 per card.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Helmheid's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus IX Formula
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 7700K
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance LPX PC4-21300 16GB
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD Green Caviar 7200RPM HDD, 80GB OCZ SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus GTX560Ti 1GB (From old build, to be changed)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM1000i
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake The Tower 900, 12x Thermaltake Riing 14 RGB fan.
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 24inch something.
      • Internet:
      • EE 4GEE WiFi

Would the Ti even make noticable 4k gaming difference over the regular 1080 with a decent cooling and overclock? It's tempting to take advantage of 1080 price cuts, on the other side the Ti seems awesome enough to make sacrifices for. But would it be worth paying premium?

Yay a custom user title! =assassin='s Avatar
    Thanks

Great card, but at the usual lofty price. I suppose it's great for anyone who was considering getting a Titan X, as there is quite a price cut for the same performance (roughly), not that people with that kind of money to spend on a single component probably care anyway! I'd personally miss the use of a DVI port, but I guess you can get adapters.

Thanks
    • Iota's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Hero XI
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i9 9900KF
      • Memory:
      • CMD32GX4M2C3200C16
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 1TB / 3 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX1200i
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 500D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung Odyssey G9
      • Internet:
      • 500Mbps BT FTTH

I'll wait for Vega, if AMD get the performance somewhere around the current 1080 for a reasonable price I'd rather go that route and save myself money for something else.

Registered+
    Thanks

Can't believe that Nvidia so cruel to Titan X users)

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Helmheid View Post
    Would the Ti even make noticable 4k gaming difference over the regular 1080 with a decent cooling and overclock? It's tempting to take advantage of 1080 price cuts, on the other side the Ti seems awesome enough to make sacrifices for. But would it be worth paying premium?
    Yep it would.

Thanks

So the 1080Ti is only 30% better than the 1070 in my slim notebook with limited cooling ability paired to a less powerful CPU? That's pretty pathetic. (3DMark FS score for my notebook for comparison - http://www.3dmark.com/fs/11921767)

Registered+
    Thanks

lol buyers of the titan x are screwed and the customers of the current Ti as well.
    The card is much faster if they would give the intended memory and if they had not cut down more cores, it totally would make the titan xp a total fail. That shows again what a crap company nvidia has become.
    They kept stalling the release of this gpu because they had to find a way to slow it down enough so the people who bought the titan xp don't feel super screwed. But to be honest thats the price of allways want to have the best of the best, the biggest fun of it all is that they still have a gpu which is not even close to its full potential that is kept for later or only for the business market at even insaner prices. Not that AMD sells the business cards cheap but those cards are meant to run 24/7 at full load so i guess they have better and sturdier parts to keep them alive. For those who game alot you should remember that consumer cards are not meant and made to run many hours at full load.

Registered+
    Thanks

there is no big talk from AMD they simply state that the business card vega is going to deliver just that raw power numbers. There is nothing posted about insane game performance nothing at all. Just leaks of unknown cards with codes which look like they are from AMD. We still have to wait longer for their final plans on the new gpu's series. Hell they even have not disclosed at all what we gonna see first.
    Everything people are launching are hypes and wannabe things. AMD never claimed the ryzen was faster in single core performance, they just keep it to what the product is best at. Because we all want it to beat the current holders of the crowns is just too much to ask. And lets be honest we all use the pc we own alot less than most of us claim on these forums most of the time. Most people i know use the pc hardly an hour a day and they post on forums like they have it running 24 hours a day....
    I think that is kinda compensating a lack of something else. Even i do not use my pc more then 15 hours a day in general. Yes sometimes when you have to finish some projects you keep pushing but how often does that happen 1 or 2 times a week, the rest of the time its max 9 a 10 hours a day.

Registered+
    Thanks

So AMD just has to land the Vega card at 10% slower than the 1080Ti and 10% cheaper than the 1080, win win all the way. Take my money.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamC View Post
    So AMD just has to land the Vega card at 10% slower than the 1080Ti and 10% cheaper than the 1080, win win all the way. Take my money.
    And before the series 11 cards start being teased.

Thanks

Memory clock: 11GBps.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information