Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 Pulse OC 4GB

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    26,209
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1,409 times in 529 posts

    Sapphire Radeon RX 570 Pulse OC 4GB

    Can it stave of GTX 1060 at the £250 price point?
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Anti-Viral Pleiades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Amongst barbarians
    Posts
    898
    Thanks
    1,291
    Thanked
    52 times in 41 posts
    • Pleiades's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z-97 Gaming 5
      • CPU:
      • 4690K @ 4GHz / Phanteks TC-12DX
      • Memory:
      • 16 GiB HyperX
      • Storage:
      • Sandisk 480GiB; Transcend M.2 256GiB; Velociraptor 300GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GiB
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet Straight Power 800w
      • Case:
      • CoolerMaster HAF932
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2005 20"; Qnix 27" 2560x1440 120hz IPS; Samsung 49" 9500 HDR UHD TV
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 70 Mibs

    Re: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 Pulse OC 4GB

    OMG An RX580 8GiB *should* be less than that! Hope the mining bubble bursts soon...
    ------------------

    Valar Morghulis

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    871
    Thanks
    142
    Thanked
    51 times in 47 posts
    • Xlucine's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5
      • CPU:
      • i5 4690K @stock, until I upgrade my graphics
      • Memory:
      • 16GB @2133 11-11-11-27
      • Storage:
      • Crucial MX500 512GB, 2TB storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 980ti
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic S12G-550
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E

    Re: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 Pulse OC 4GB

    I'm impressed it held even with the 1060 full fat. The 3GB really was terrible value

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MOMBASA
    Posts
    685
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    13 times in 12 posts

    Re: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 Pulse OC 4GB

    meaning having 6 Gigs of Ram on an entry level GPU is a total waste of resources

  5. #5
    Editable... jimbouk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    2,425
    Thanks
    169
    Thanked
    171 times in 132 posts
    • jimbouk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS M5 A97 R2.0
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6300
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 128GB SSD + 500GB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • R9 285
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520W
      • Case:
      • Some large ATX case
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2713HM
      • Internet:
      • Orange...

    Re: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 Pulse OC 4GB

    Wait-a-minute, is this the same card that's going for sub £200 on ebuyer: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB PULSE Graphics Card. Makes a lot more sense at the price as it's not competing against the cheapest 6GB 1060s, but the cheapest 3GB ones.

    Maybe time to rewrite that conclusion!

    Edit, and the cheapest GeForce GTX 1060 6GB on Scan is £269.48, which is more that the cheapest RX580. Seriously, what's going on with these comparisons?

  6. #6
    Team HEXUS.net
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,276
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked
    310 times in 165 posts

    Re: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 Pulse OC 4GB

    I did see that link to ebuyer, but the vast majority of retails are at £250 or so, and this is why I went with that figure.

    Also, at the time of writing, just two days ago, the Palit was £250.85 - a fact that Scan can confirm. These prices are so much in flux that writing a conclusion based on value is a perilous task.

    If you can get it for £200, it is a great card.

  7. Received thanks from:

    jimbouk (02-08-2017)

  8. #7
    True Blue! silent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Heybridge, Nr.Maldon, Essex
    Posts
    1,313
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked
    17 times in 15 posts

    Re: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 Pulse OC 4GB

    it would be a great buy for £200, beating the gtx in games at standard detail and 1080p. if the 580 8gb card is £250, that would also smashe the gtx 1060 card. AMD all the way it would seem now in the budget area.

    its just nice to have a choice. that said, i built a system with a RX 550 4gb and that plays games at 1080p without issues either at good detail.

  9. #8
    Tangential CAT-THE-FIFTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Planet Of The Moose
    Posts
    25,938
    Thanks
    2,851
    Thanked
    3,914 times in 3,039 posts
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

    Re: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 Pulse OC 4GB

    Have people noticed how the RX470 was not beating a GTX1060 6GB and now the RX570 is basically at a similar level??


    Go!Go! Gadget Underpants!

  10. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Re: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 Pulse OC 4GB

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarinder View Post
    I did see that link to ebuyer, but the vast majority of retails are at £250 or so, and this is why I went with that figure.

    Also, at the time of writing, just two days ago, the Palit was £250.85 - a fact that Scan can confirm. These prices are so much in flux that writing a conclusion based on value is a perilous task.

    If you can get it for £200, it is a great card.
    Sensible option Tarinder, but it would've made more of an equal comparison had you included the 3gb version of the 1060 in the benchmarks too, as they are now slightly more of a like-for-like comparison to the 570.

  11. #10
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Re: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 Pulse OC 4GB

    Yeah I'm not 100% convinced on the comparison either. The 1060 3gb is supposed to be the match for the 570, with the 6gb matching the 580. I know that the prices are up in the air so a price to price comparison is difficult but still if you ignore a 570 at 200 and go by the higher price then find a higher range competitor part cheap then you're going to find the higher range part is better for the same money. I as a consumer can get a 570 for 80% of the price of the 1060 and only lose out on about 5% performance on average and not even notice then that's what I need to know. Obviously it's the miners fault for screwing up the market but the cheaper price of the 570 is what it should be (and is) available at and the 1060 is cheaper than normal at 250. I wouldn't dare suggest that the prices are only taken from hexus's partner scan of course : )

  12. #11
    Tangential CAT-THE-FIFTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Planet Of The Moose
    Posts
    25,938
    Thanks
    2,851
    Thanked
    3,914 times in 3,039 posts
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

    Re: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 Pulse OC 4GB

    I am talking more about the case,it seems to be another indication of the AMD cards catching up - many of the aftermarket RX470 cards were very similar to the RX570 cards in clockspeeds,so someone who bought an RX570 or RX470 for as little as £160 even a few months ago has done reasonably well!!


    Go!Go! Gadget Underpants!

  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    871
    Thanks
    142
    Thanked
    51 times in 47 posts
    • Xlucine's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5
      • CPU:
      • i5 4690K @stock, until I upgrade my graphics
      • Memory:
      • 16GB @2133 11-11-11-27
      • Storage:
      • Crucial MX500 512GB, 2TB storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 980ti
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic S12G-550
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E

    Re: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 Pulse OC 4GB

    Quote Originally Posted by EN1R0PY View Post
    Yeah I'm not 100% convinced on the comparison either. The 1060 3gb is supposed to be the match for the 570, with the 6gb matching the 580. I know that the prices are up in the air so a price to price comparison is difficult but still if you ignore a 570 at 200 and go by the higher price then find a higher range competitor part cheap then you're going to find the higher range part is better for the same money. I as a consumer can get a 570 for 80% of the price of the 1060 and only lose out on about 5% performance on average and not even notice then that's what I need to know. Obviously it's the miners fault for screwing up the market but the cheaper price of the 570 is what it should be (and is) available at and the 1060 is cheaper than normal at 250. I wouldn't dare suggest that the prices are only taken from hexus's partner scan of course : )
    The 570 is 100% of the 1060 6GB performance, not 5% less

  14. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Re: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 Pulse OC 4GB

    Quote Originally Posted by Pleiades View Post
    OMG An RX580 8GiB *should* be less than that! Hope the mining bubble bursts soon...
    Yes indeed, I bought a top tier (OC edition) 480 8GB just before the 5xx were announced for about £215, and now the 570 4GB is £260! ridiculous!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •