Thread: Optoma UHD550X DLP Home Entertainment Projector

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Optoma UHD550X DLP Home Entertainment Projector

4K HDR projection without breaking the bank.
    Read more.

The Ace
    Thanks

Re: Optoma UHD550X DLP Home Entertainment Projector

Bottom line: whichever 4K Optoma you choose, there's now a genuine reason to consider a projector instead of a TV in the sub-£3,000 space.
    True that there for this price.

bitbucket

This is good to see. I'm a big fan of projectors, I put a decent 1080p projector in my house and it was one of the best investments I've ever made. I'd love to be able to upgrade to 4K in the next year or two

Thanks

General belief over at avforum is that the UHD550 and UHD60 are essentially the same, but the UHD65 is definitely a step up.

Thanks

4K for under 10K? Woah baby! Put me on the "interested" list! The only thing that'd make this better is if it were LED/Laser lit.

And wow the dimensions on that are intimidating. For H and W it's less than that of my current BenQ 1080P (HT2050) projector, but actually like 3-4" wider! Hopefully that means a nice quiet projector like my BenQ.

I'm curious what the COLOUR brightness is since simply saying "ANSI lumens" is a virtually nonsense metric.
    Colour lumens is how the industry is (with glacial slowness) shifting its measurements since it is an honest measurement of _image_ brightness. Not just a measure of absolute white and black.

Registered+
    Thanks

Some of those presets are designed for data use, not home theater. Some of these projectors, especially the highest output model, will get installed in office conference rooms and small meeting rooms at hotels, and will be used for a variety of purposes.

Others are meant for lights-on viewing. Not everybody has a dedicated home theater room, and they might want to be able to use the TV in other scenarios as well - background imagery during a party or a group football viewing.

The other presets may not make sense for your installation, but there are situations where their presence can be useful. If you don't use your projector for those purposes you are free to ignore the unwanted presets.

Thread Information