Thread: AOC AG352UCG6 Black Edition

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

AOC AG352UCG6 Black Edition

A solid choice for ultra-wide GeForce gaming.
    Read more.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: AOC AG352UCG6 Black Edition

"Sleek all-black aesthetic" apart from the giant silver bar and red lines across the back of the monitor...

Thanks

This looks like a nice monitor priced at less than £750, but the Alienware AW3418DW really should have been included in the review as a comparator.

G-Sync on a UWQHD display is tasty, but 120Hz isn't exactly cutting edge by today's standards, and with HDR featuring prominently on many upcoming panels, would-be buyers may be tempted to wait and see.
    This sentence on the first page is, quite frankly, ridiculous. There are currently only two UWQHD 120Hz G-Sync monitors on the market (Alienware AW3418DW and Acer X34P). There is anticipation of upcoming monitors from Asus and Acer that offer UWQHD, G-Sync and HDR, but we may not see these in 2018 based on the continued delays, and these models are expected to be more than double the price of this Agon monitor.

k23
    Thanks

800:1 contrast ratio??? Thats terrible. Thats worse than an sub-average IPS panel. You want 2000:1 or better with a VA panel. Its basically the only real advantage (apart from price) VA panels have over IPS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k23 View Post
    800:1 contrast ratio??? Thats terrible. Thats worse than an sub-average IPS panel. You want 2000:1 or better with a VA panel. Its basically the only real advantage (apart from price) VA panels have over IPS.
    AOC lists this as 2500:1 so this reading puzzling, but I'm guessing all monitors probably test lower than adverstised specs, so maybe it's relative? Still, it's cause for concern, in addition to the bleed. Superior blacks and lack of bleed is what makes VA more appealing than IPS, so take that away and it's far less attractive a proposition.

Registered+
    Thanks

PC Monitor's review measured it at around 2000:1 (can't remember exact figure), but they didn't use settings out of the box. I've got this quite recently and it's been brilliant for me so far.

Registered+
    Thanks

Has anyone here got this monitor who could provide some long term use feedback please?

I am thinking of getting this and would like to know if it's any good. The reviews suggest it is.

Also, I have a 1080ti SC2. Will this be enough to drive the monitor please?

Thread Information