Thread: 1More H1707 Triple-Driver Over-Ear Headphones

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

1More H1707 Triple-Driver Over-Ear Headphones

Enjoyable listening experience.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: 1More H1707 Triple-Driver Over-Ear Headphones

I use Beyerdynamic MMX 300 Gen 1 for gaming, really great headset paired with a Sound BlasterX AE-5, would never go back to "gaming" headsets.

Thanks

Based on that review, they sound (excuse pun) almost as if they're either a bit schizophren7c about whether they're audio headphones or gaming, or kinda straddling between them truing to be both.

It is at exactly that point that a potential buyer's expectations become critical.

Personally, I'd buy audiophile headphones for listening to music, and reserve the "fun and immersive" type of gaming. In fact, I did. For music, my "audiophile" phones are Stax Electrostatics, and a pair of Sennheisers (at just a bit above this price point) for more everyday use. Gaming? A decent gaming-grade amp and speakers, but that's not where my priority lies.

1More have a big job on their hands because, again personally, I would take some convincing to look at anything other than traditional brands (Grado, Senn, AT etc) for audio use, and unless these were a lot cheaper, so unless they hold their isn compared to say £300 models from those brands, I'd need convincing to even give them a chance. I suspect many 'audiophile' (don't like that sord, it has snobby connotations) users would be the same.

And again persoanally, I would not buy this kind of kit, at that price point, without giving them an extensive listening first. I can find Graxo, Sennheiser, etc locally but these?

Why would I insist?

Because if I settle in to listen to music, I'm there oftrn for a couple of hours of more. Any headphone has to be physically comfortable for that period or it's a non-starter no matter how good it is audiowise.

Secondly, I have to like the sound. And that, as any serioys music fan knows, is very subjective. Two serious audiophiles can disagree over tje 'best' speakers or headphones simply because they prefer one sound profile over another.

So these 1More's are going to find (IMHO) breaking into that environment tricky, and seem better suited to someone buying a reasonably expensive set of cans that have to straddle both gaming and music users, and they seem a tad light on features for the gaming end.

Hence why I think they're a bit schizoid.

I'd certainly be interested to try them if I come across them locally, but I wouldn't go very far out of my way to do it.

Long member
    Thanks
    • philehidiot's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Father's bored
      • CPU:
      • Cockroach brain V0.1
      • Memory:
      • Innebriated, unwritten
      • Storage:
      • Big Yellow Self Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Semi chewed Crayola Mega Pack
      • PSU:
      • 20KW single phase direct grid supply
      • Case:
      • Closed, Open, Cold
      • Operating System:
      • Cockroach
      • Monitor(s):
      • The mental health nurses
      • Internet:
      • Please.

They look like my Grados. I like my Grados. I won't be changing any time soon and they're getting on a bit now.

What's with the Graphene? Haven't there been problems with getting Graphene to perform properly due to purity issues anyway? Seems like a marketing thing to me but that's purely a gut reaction.

EDIT: Also, a comment on the cableless comment at the end of the review. I think anyone really serious about their music would be more than happy with a cable. Maybe gamers would prefer a lack of a cable but I've never really had an issue with them. I've had regular and serious issues with wireless stuff. It's an added expense, added weight due to batteries and frankly the sound is never as good. Anyone who understands how the signal is manipulated will understand that there WILL be loss by this method. Anyone serious about what they are listening to will want a cable. There are times you don't want one but, I feel these headphones don't meet that case.

Thread Information