HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Aorus CV27Q

Curved QHD at 165Hz.
    Read more.

Old Geezer
    Thanks

Re: Aorus CV27Q

MPRT (Motion Picture Response Time) response times tell you nothing about the true response time of the LCD panel and, although claimed, are not always achievable. https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/blog/wh...etimes-abused/

Thanks

No Freesync tests?
    You honestly should add in tests for freesync at various FPS (35,45,60,75,90,120,144) and check for ghosting or reverse-ghosting. I got stung by this on a "freesync" 2 monitor (Samsung 32chg70) which has severe reverse ghosting on applicable inside the freesync range below 100fps (it doesn't have dynamic overdrive so it's calibrated for >100fps so anything below that gets significantly worse in terms of purple ghosting).

So, freesync tests please?

4. Received thanks from:

Millennium (16-10-2019)

Thanks

Registered just so I could comment on this:

>> Some may appreciate the fact that the CV27Q takes a more rounded approach than the subtle 1800R curve more commonly found on monitors, but I'm not convinced

Disclaimer just above this aside,

the monitor is at most 70cm away from your eyes. The curvature needs to follow that, no convincing needed. Either you're into curved displays or not, but for those that like curvature, the monitors just aren't there yet. All radii larger than that are either of technical or lacking guts nature.

Thanks

Registered just so I could comment on this:

>> Some may appreciate the fact that the CV27Q takes a more rounded approach than the subtle 1800R curve more commonly found on monitors, but I'm not convinced

Disclaimer just above this aside,

the monitor is at most 70cm away from your eyes. The curvature needs to follow that, no convincing needed. Either you're into curved displays or not, but for those that like curvature, the monitors just aren't there yet. All radii larger than that are either of technical or lacking guts nature.

Registered+
    Thanks

I find it a bit suspicious you didnt include any Freesync tests in this review, after watching AdoredTV's video on the subject.

Wonder if you'll be revisiting the review once its acheived G-Sync compatable status?

Thread Information