Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe PCIe SSD (1TB)

Thanks

Re: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe PCIe SSD (1TB)

Quote Originally Posted by CAT-THE-FIFTH View Post
    People were talking about the PCI-E 3.0 version of the Sabrent Rocket. The problem it's not really competitive due to spec changes and a price increase. The PCI-E 4.0 version costs more,but looks a relatively better version IMHO.

From what I gather Sabrent is implementing reference designs,for the specific controllers they use.

Didn't you look at the link?? Reducing the DRAM cache reduces performance consistency,and Sabrent quietly did it with the PCI-E 3.0 version,whilst all the reviews had models,with more DRAM onboard.

This is the same level of crap Kingston also tried. It does not inspire me that they won't try it again.

Here is a comparison of the Adata SX8200 PRO and the new PCI-E 3.0 version of the Sabrent Rocket:
    https://www.techpowerup.com/review/s...vme-ssd/4.html

That is what the spec change has done,and apparently the thermal sensor was off by 15C in their new sample.

So going by that I would consider the SX8200 PRO a better SSD than the PCI-E 3.0 Sabrent Rocket,as there is no indication the specs have changed,and RMA is in Europe(IIRC its Holland but don't quote me on that). The SN750 from WD is available for a similar price on special offer. That has UK based RMA.

Looking at the market now,I wouldn't get the PCI-E 3.0 Sabrent Rocket. The PCI-E 4.0 version looks OK so far,but I would check Reddit to see if there are any spec changes!
    Unfortunately it looks like Adata have also pulled the same stunt of downgrading specs while hoping no one would notice.

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news...troller-change

I'm very tempted by the Sabrent PCI-E 4.0 drives on ebay (£200 for 2TB)... even though they are sold as sealed units, I still wonder about getting something like this off ebay. What do you think? Will the warranty be valid?

Thanks
    • Phage's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Crosshair VIII
      • CPU:
      • 3800x
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb @ 3600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 960 512Gb + 2Tb Samsung 860
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 1080ti
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet 850w
      • Case:
      • Fractal Define 7
      • Operating System:
      • W10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1

Quote Originally Posted by XA04 View Post
    Had mine for over a month now, amazing! Makes such a big difference over the older SATA SSD's... here's a video of my bootup (just uploaded, takes under 30s!):
    Errrm should do better than that. I'm getting 15s on an old Samsung 960 on PCIE 3
    Society's to blame,
    Or possibly Atari.

Thanks

But they are doing it from power on, getting past the initial bios takes 15 seconds or so by itself, does on my machine.

Are you getting 15s boot from the time you push the power button?

Just timed my machine (spec to the left). From pushing power button 31 seconds to get to sign in screen
    Jon

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Stu C View Post
    Unfortunately it looks like Adata have also pulled the same stunt of downgrading specs while hoping no one would notice.

I'm very tempted by the Sabrent PCI-E 4.0 drives on ebay (£200 for 2TB)... even though they are sold as sealed units, I still wonder about getting something like this off ebay. What do you think? Will the warranty be valid?
    I saw that - sadly many of these reviews won't test the V2 versions of the PCI-E 3.0 Rocket and SX8200 PRO,but from what I gather the changes to the PRO are not as drastic.

Also,Sabrent warranty seems to be a mystery. Hexus said they would check,but not heard anything back and AFAIK its probably US based?

Registered+
    Thanks

Have people actually claim their warranty and how easy was it? I registered mine a few weeks ago and I put down the wrong SN number. It let me register without issue... I contacted them and they said they can't remove incorrect registration and told me rest assured that the SSD will be covered. seems a bit sketch.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CAT-THE-FIFTH View Post
    I saw that - sadly many of these reviews won't test the V2 versions of the PCI-E 3.0 Rocket and SX8200 PRO,but from what I gather the changes to the PRO are not as drastic.

Also,Sabrent warranty seems to be a mystery. Hexus said they would check,but not heard anything back and AFAIK its probably US based?
    I emailed Sabrent support and got this reply:

If you purchase a drive in the UK and for some reason, you require a warranty replacement, you should contact us providing detailed information about what happens and a copy of your invoice.
    A technician will assist you and if the drive is determined defective, you should send it back to our warehouse in the UK on your own.
    Here is the address:

ATTN TO SABRENT
    ORME BUSINESS CENTRE
    GREENACRES ROAD
    OLDHAM UNITED KINGDOM
    OL4 3NS

There will be inspected so we could send you a new one at our expense.

7. Received thanks from:

CAT-THE-FIFTH (09-11-2020)

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

I emailed Sabrent support and got this reply:
    That clarifies things - strange they don't state it in the listings!

Thanks

Not sure if anyone is still following this thread... anyway, you can snag an ADATA SX8200 Pro 2TB drive for £186 from Ebuyer via ebay using 20% off code this week. I was tempted by the Sabrent PCIE4, but they have increased in price on ebay lately, and I feel a bit better having a solid warranty with buying from Ebuyer rather than a private seller. Also, after reading too many Reddit posts, it looks like the 2TB ADATA models have not (yet) had any components swapped out for slower parts, whereas people buying the 1TB model over recent months have had mixed findings.

Thanks

My Sabrent Rocket 4.0 was DOA . Returned and ended up getting corsair MP600 as was actually cheaper due to ebay purchase20 deal 4988MB/s read 4276 write sequential.

Thanks

Bought the 500GB version of this since the 1TB wasn't in my budget at the time and I needed a new boot drive. Works great but somewhat regretting going for the lower storage option (with also slightly slower speeds in certain situations due to the way these drives are designed or something).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gamerboiz123 View Post
    My Sabrent Rocket 4.0 was DOA . Returned and ended up getting corsair MP600 as was actually cheaper due to ebay purchase20 deal 4988MB/s read 4276 write sequential.
    Was that from an ebay seller? I still don't have my Ryzen 5900x, so my drive has been sitting in a cupboard for the past 8 weeks... not being able to test the drive promptly was one of my concerns with buying from a private seller on ebay.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information