HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Fractal Design Meshify 2

Define 7 gets the Meshify treatment.
    Read more.

Yay a custom user title! =assassin='s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Fractal Design Meshify 2

I really like the look of this case, and the cooling performance seems excellent, but I feel that the Define 7 makes more sense, as it still offers great cooling, while also still offering good acoustics. It's nice to have a choice anyway!

Thanks

Would be good to see a coolermaster case added to the test comparison cases. 2 Bequiet's, 2 Corsair, 2 Deepcool and 3 Fractals yet not one coolermaster
    Jon

Thanks

I like the look of this, but I think I'm going to shrink to iTX on my next re-case..

Will absolutely a Fractal Design case though, my server was in a Node 804, now a Node 304 after a board/cpu/ram rebuild, the 304 I picked up used with no screws, I emailed them, fully expected to pay for a screw set but they didn't have any in stock on the spares site, the guy I was dealing with posted me a set they had laying around in the office, FOC..

Thanks
    • wazzickle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus H470M-itx
      • CPU:
      • i5 10500
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb DDR4 HyperX Fury
      • Storage:
      • Barracuda 510 1TB M.2, WD Blue 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac 3070 Twin Edge
      • PSU:
      • Corsair SFX 600
      • Case:
      • Ghost S1 V2
      • Operating System:
      • W10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG IPS 27" 144Hz QHD
      • Internet:
      • three4g & nighthawk MR1100

SFF / ITX is where it's at in terms of the pinnacle of PC design right now.

Registered+
    Thanks

Don't get why they removed sound damping from the sides and 5.25 inch drive. Surely they were selling points and not much obstruction to air flow.

Thanks

Probably not much call for 5.25 drives these days. In a small case a solid drive would be quite a big obstruction I would have thought
    Jon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jonj1611 View Post
    Probably not much call for 5.25 drives these days. In a small case a solid drive would be quite a big obstruction I would have thought
    Not really.
    All it does in the Define 7 is shift the front intake fans downwards.
    There is nothing by default there to block, and when you fit a drive, there isn't room there for fan/radiator anyway in that location.
    Sort of replacing fan/radiator options than blocking anything.

Quote Originally Posted by zugged2 View Post
    Don't get why they removed sound damping from the sides and 5.25 inch drive. Surely they were selling points and not much obstruction to air flow.
    Low noise is achieved via good airflow which lets fans run at a much lower speed.
    Dampening is only really necessary when components are inherently loud, or silence is necessary.
    But that comes at the expense of airflow and higher temperatures which may well then lead to higher noise for the cooling.
    Somewhat contradictory.

5.25" drives are still supported by the Define 7, which I only wish could somehow have a mesh intake for the above reason, while still supporting that drive.
    Really all it needs is a mesh door in my rather than the restrictive side intake.

Thanks

I really hope they release an updated 'C' version of this case. Its beautiful but the next build I do I don't want any 5 inch drives, and would rather a much smaller case footprint. If they did a refresh I'd for sure buy one. Really want to know how quiet you can get it with low rpm fans taking advantage of the airflow potential.

Thanks

I watched KitGuru's review video of this and it was super helpful. Showed just how versatile this case is.

Have always bought budget cases before and still strongly of the opinion of function over form, but I think this one hits just the right balance (and I love the design of the front mesh panel!)

Hopefully my GPU will be able to breathe well when this comes back in stock on Scan in a couple of weeks.

Thanks
    • virtuo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master X570
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 9 5950x
      • Memory:
      • 64Gb G.Skill TridentZ Neo 3600 CL16
      • Storage:
      • Sabrent 2TB PCIE4 NVME + NAS upon NAS upon NAS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX 3090 FE
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850 80+ Platinum
      • Case:
      • Fractal Meshify 2 Grey
      • Operating System:
      • RedStar 3, Ubuntu, Win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung CRG90 5140x1440 120hz
      • Internet:
      • PlusNet's best, but still poor, attempt

Just want to add to this thread that after being set on the grey P600s for months, I switched at the last minute and went for the meshify 2 in grey. It looks superb in the flesh, bit bigger than I was expecting but very clean. I'd ideally have gone for the closed panel version and added some noise dampening myself, but the grey fits in with my home office theme, so ended up with a glass side.

Acoustics are pretty good, it uses 140mm front and rear fans which can run slower and they are very quiet at idle. I even added an extra 140mm intake to the front to breeze over a mechanical HD and give some extra air to the 3090. The AIO is the most audible component (3x120mm fans) and the coil whine from the GPU isn't muffled at all, but I've been running a be Quiet DBP 900 for years and the fractal is noticably quieter.

I managed to get most of my components RGB-free. The motherboard has some small lights but set to white, the RAM is RGB, again set to white and I had to give up on an Arctic Freezer AIO in favour of an in-stock Fractal Celsius+, which is also set to white. Everything runs cool enough to not be a concern and the noise isn't terrible. If you aren't expecting dead silence, it's an ideal workstation case (for a single GPU).

I'd happily recommend the case, it's a doddle to build in, comes apart for cleaning easily, has removeable filters and the side panels just pop out. USB C on the front IO as well

Edit: on the 5.25" bay, I thought I would miss it, but my aging SATA drive was getting a bit tempremental and I've updated to a USB 3.1 external Pioneer drive that works just fine.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jonj1611 View Post
    Would be good to see a coolermaster case added to the test comparison cases. 2 Bequiet's, 2 Corsair, 2 Deepcool and 3 Fractals yet not one coolermaster
    +1
    The TD500 Mesh should be added, just finished a build in it and it was excellent.

Thread Information