Thread: Scan 3XS Gamer iCue RTX

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Scan 3XS Gamer iCue RTX

Core i5-11600K done right?
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: Scan 3XS Gamer iCue RTX

You know something's gone seriously wrong somewhere when it's easier and maybe even cheaper to buy a full system than it is to buy just a gpu.... and that's assuming you can even find it in stock on it's own.

ilh
    Thanks

You know something's seriously wrong somewhere when "...keen pricing makes it a safe choice for mid-range base units priced comfortably below the £2k mark." is chosen for the conclusion quote. £1600 for a mid-range is ludicrous or am I just way off the mark thinking of the days when you could knock a grand off that to get a mid-range price?

IQ: 1.42
    Thanks
    • Tunnah's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus somethingorother
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB 3600
      • Storage:
      • Various SSDs, 90TB RAID6 HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone 650w
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC70B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • 40mbit Sky Fibre

I simply cannot fathom why anyone would own an Intel CPU nowadays. It makes about as much sense as owning an AMD when core2duo first started..and for the 15 or so years after that (wee bit hyperbolic..but not much).

Insane amounts of power and heat for equal or less performance of the AMD part, not to mention I think the AMD chipset is also better than the Intel version ? Not too sure on that nowadays, I think Intel are caught up now. Still tho.

Thanks

Just be warned that Scan (Scam) do (unless they've changed) charge you a re-stocking fee in the event that you return the item. Personally, I don't trust the company, but many people haven't experienced any issues.

I returned Mavic Pro (years back), that suffered sensor issues etc. Apparently, nothing wrong with it, according to Scan. Well... no. I even sent them proof as it was known issue with the drone at that point in time. Thankfully, it was later fixed with a firmware update. They tested it... found nothing wrong. Sure they did.

Long member
    Thanks
    • philehidiot's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Father's bored
      • CPU:
      • Cockroach brain V0.1
      • Memory:
      • Innebriated, unwritten
      • Storage:
      • Big Yellow Self Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Semi chewed Crayola Mega Pack
      • PSU:
      • 20KW single phase direct grid supply
      • Case:
      • Closed, Open, Cold
      • Operating System:
      • Cockroach
      • Monitor(s):
      • The mental health nurses
      • Internet:
      • Please.

Quote Originally Posted by ilh View Post
    You know something's seriously wrong somewhere when "...keen pricing makes it a safe choice for mid-range base units priced comfortably below the £2k mark." is chosen for the conclusion quote. £1600 for a mid-range is ludicrous or am I just way off the mark thinking of the days when you could knock a grand off that to get a mid-range price?
    I think the "mid range" has shifted. I don't class 4K gaming capable as "mid range" given that's the highest resolution monitor widely available. I think the addition of the "extreme high end" parts have skewed what we can class as mid range. Additionally, for even a powerful gaming PC, a stupidly strong CPU just isn't required except for certain, specific games.

Looking at how they've chosen to benchmark tells me what is low, mid and high end for a "proper" gaming PC (you can make a potato machine, but it's not really for proper gaming). If it can comfortably run at 1080P, it's a low end. 1440P, mid range and comfortable 4K gaming is for the high end. Those looking at silly priced GPUs are the exception and we shouldn't allow our perception of the marketplace to be skewed in order to increase the money we spend out of proportion to the increasing cost of parts.

I don't think you can now build a mid range gaming PC for £600. I think that's low end these days. But a grand? Yeh, definitely.

The main factor I've excluded from the above is parts availability. I know scan is operating a waiting list system for these parts, so they have to increase the cost of the system to make the whole thing worth their while. Otherwise, why not just sell it to the hoards thrusting money at them for a nice mark up?

Thanks

P.s. Ordered two Samsung M.2 drives from Amazon, (unfortunately) via Scan. I needed them by Friday for work! Checked delivery this morning and the order has been cancelled. No reason as to why.

Thanks Scan. It seems your reputation (as above) is deserved. I'll completely avoid from this point forward (Shame, as I buy all the I.T. kit here)

Thanks

"I have checked the details and the product is out of stock with the seller and so they had to cancel the order as they have not updated on when the item will be in stock."

Dear Scan, don't list and sell something that you don't actually have. if you then realise that you'd made a mistake, at least inform me. (Amazon did send a message, but that's Amazon).

Thread Information