Thread: ATI's Radeon X850 XT Platinum Edition AGP and Club3D's Radeon X800 XL AGP

Thanks

ATI's Radeon X850 XT Platinum Edition AGP and Club3D's Radeon X800 XL AGP

Club3D's example doesn't go overboard on the bundle, however you do get a great game and the cables you're given are sufficient to make good use of the VIVO ability of the board. The Club3D-branded DVI adaptor is a nice touch, too. That you also get the aforementioned VIVO ability on Club's board makes it even more attractive. Presentation is tasteful and the only thing that detracts from the board is its size, due to the RIALTO bridge chip, and the lack of dual DVI ports. If you can accomodate it in your AGP system however, it comes highly recommended.

http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...lld19JRD0xMTE2
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Registered+
    Thanks
    Was VERY keen on this review as im currently in a sticky situation.

I want to upgrade to Athlon 64 Status and i want to continue using a shuttle XPC (Love em). I have the SN45G V2 atm, and obviously have AGP socketed GFX card (XFX GF6800, with unlocked Pipelines)

Choices are the SN95G5 V2, or the SN25P but one prescribes a AGP card and the other PCI-E. Whilst the latter allows dual slotted GFX cards, which are becoming more and more popular.

Im off to America in June so im contemplating going overboard on a shopping spree (and hopeing to avoid too much publicity from customs on the way back in ) but looking at US prices and our KEEN exchange rate there isnt as much to be saved as i would have thought.

As you stated in the review, Scan have a card at £232 i think it was. Whilst Ebuyer have a Connect3D version for £218 ( http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=88313 ) Over in the US, i can get one for around £190 dependant on exchange rate.....

As i hate Doom 3 and love CSS, ATI is the way to go, and i have loved ATI ever since i bought my 9700Pro, so all i need to decide is stay with older (and as some would have us think, soon to be extinct AGP) or go into debt usng Credit and get right upto date with an SN25P !!!

What u think?

Registered+
    Thanks
    Yeah alot of what you have said is very important indeed. Scan have always been great for me. Bought my current Shuttle XPC case from them amongst serveral other superb buys in their Today Only section which i like alot !!

Ultimately, i think i will probably just come back from the US with a PSP.

Thread Information