Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hercules ProphetView 920 PRO

DR
    Thanks

Hercules ProphetView 920 PRO

The Hercules isn't a 22" inch wide, wallet busting behemoth, with questionable gaming attributes. It slots right in to the sub £325 gamer oriented LCD market with notable aplomb. 17 inches, 1280x1024 pixel array and excellent fast motion performance, combined with a low price, make it hard for me to say much bad about it.
    http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...lld19JRD02NDg=

Thanks
    Nice reviewage I'm waiting on the dvi version still

Thanks

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    I'm not convinced that recent 16ms offerings are 16ms over the whole colour range (black to white and all colours in between).
    Erm, Is there any way you can confirm this?, I'm all for fair tests and everything and if the other screens doesn't have full 16ms response rate across the entire colour range i'd be very interested to hear.

But with just what seemed to be your opinion, i'd seriously considure trying to back up your statement. I personally like reading fact and not theory.

Just a very small glitch it was was a very good review. Please don't take it bad but as semi constructive critism.

Thanks
    TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    Anyone got any ideas how much the DVI version is gonna cost? I heard it'll come without a DVI cable which is a bit of a bummer.
    Ordered a Hyundai ImageQuest Q17 for £340 all in which comes with a cable and has exactly the same screen as the Herc.

Thanks
    It will be 30 quid more

Tig I have seen other reports where the 20ms panels have come out better than the 16ms panels

Thanks
    Ouch.

That'll put the screen in the £340-350 bracket. You'll also have to buy a DVI cable as Hercules won't be bundling one in there. Add another £20-30 for a decent cable.

Glad I ordered the Hyundai now. Get so much more for your money.

Thanks

Rys
    Tiled
    Thanks
    Originally posted by TiG
    Erm, Is there any way you can confirm this?, I'm all for fair tests and everything and if the other screens doesn't have full 16ms response rate across the entire colour range i'd be very interested to hear.

But with just what seemed to be your opinion, i'd seriously considure trying to back up your statement. I personally like reading fact and not theory.

Just a very small glitch it was was a very good review. Please don't take it bad but as semi constructive critism.

Thanks
    TiG
    The Tom's links Guru posted should confirm it. I mention in the article that I had no comparison test displays, hence everything in the article was basically opinion. I tried to make that as clear as possible, structuring the conclusion content around that premise.

If I had a supposed 16ms panel to hand, I'd have done as much as possible to confirm what I hinted at.

Anyway, hope the Tom's links clear it up.

Also, I can't see the DVI version offering much of a better picture than the analogue version (once tweaked).

I'd buy the analogue with confidence and I'll try and confirm if Herc are indeed leaving the DVI cable out of the box.

Rys
    MOLLY AND POPPY!

Thanks
    Cheers Rys. Look forward to hearing the outcome of that.

Thanks
    thanks for the review , interesting read

Thanks

Thanks
    DVI version comes with DVI cable pre-attached.

Also comes with:
    dvi-vga adapter
    dvi-i to dvi-d passthrough adapter
    external power transformer
    powerleads for 3 regions (UK,EU,US)
    CD with bugger all on it. ('cept the manual)

Feature wise the Q17 is better and has the same screen. The main reason to pick this over the Q17 is for its external appearance.

I'd also suggest you shop around as prices seem to vary alot between online outlets.

If anyone has any questions, fire away and I'll be happy to respond.

Thanks

Hercules 920 DVI

Just bought the DVI version

It looks really smart. The only problem is when I run 3D Mark 2003 sometimes the display goes out of focus, or completely black with lines running through it. If I turn it off and on it corrects the problem so it's definitely a monitor issue and not the graphics card.

In Device Manager it shows 3 monitors - the Hercules, Plug 'n' Play and Default. The other two load automatically every time Windows boots up. I wonder if this is related to the problem.

I've tried it with different refresh rates and different drivers but nothing seems to fix the problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem or have any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks
    Shutdown.
    Make sure you're definately using it in DVI mode. (dont use the dvi/vga adapter)
    Try using the dvi/dvi pass through plug. (white)
    Boot.
    Uninstall all your monitors and your video card.
    Reboot.
    Reinstall your vid card drivers and make sure you're not running any 'force refresh' applications.

Thanks

Exclamation

Hi all,
    I live in the United States & tried to purchase a Hercules prophetview 920 pro dvi version - i have tried two times only to be told after waiting for a weeks on each order that they are no discontinued - the availability is horrible over here. So, after reading some reviews such as: Hexus.net's Prophetview 920 review & then also the Tom's Hardware review's posted above by GuruJockStrap & Buff - (thanx guys).

I noticed that this monitor ran off a panel called the Hydis - I further researched that and found that all monitors with it in seem to be great.

Well, I've looked further for the Q17 and couldn't find a place to buy it but did find a lot of posts saying itsn't readily available either ( ) -

Anyways to make a long story shorter - I did find this monitor.
    HITACHI CML175SXW2B 17'' - This monitor has the same panel HYDIS - look at the datasheet through the link - almost all the other stats on this monitor are the same as the Hercules Prophetview 920.

I found a post by a guy claiming that the HITACHI CML175SXW2B is the same as the Hercules Prophetview 920 Pro DVI -
    Post by a guy

Thanks very much taking a looking it this - i really appreciate this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information