Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK PC Industry: The Inside Track - Interview : Tony Riccardi, General Manager - MESH

DR
    Thanks

UK PC Industry: The Inside Track - Interview : Tony Riccardi, General Manager - MESH

Today we have managed to snag 10 minutes with the General manager of one of the UKs biggest SI's. Please post your questions here (not technical support with your MESH system.)
    http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...lld19JRD02NTk=

Thanks
    We wrote a recorded letter (so we know you got it) to the managing director of MESH computers when we got our machine from you. The name doesnt ring a bell though. And we didnt get a reply. Shame really. I would tell you the whole story but that would take pages, and Im sure this will be edited out my mods anyway. But my question is:

Computing is a very competitive business (as I'm sure you know), so this means you have to try and be one step ahead of the competition. What has your company done in the last year to improve customer services and relations?

EDITed by me
    Twigman

Thanks
    Are MESH considering departing from the standard price-war system currently in place with most PC OEMs, and instead looking into a more "luxury" line of PCs, perhaps with more attention paid to design, like the PCs made by Alienware and Voodoo, but without the prohibitive price tag?

Rank Bajin
    Thanks
    Will Mesh be branching out into other areas, such as MP3 players and handheld pcs?
    The Caped Crusader :-)

Thanks

Smile

It will not always be possible for me to reply in person on this forum - but I do thank you all for taking the time to write in with your questions

Twigman: Please e-mail your query (including your order number and daytime contact details) to meshresponse@meshcomputers.com and I will ensure that it gets top priority
    In the most recent independent survey of service and support (VNU Image Track Research 2003), MESH managed to come out ahead of HP, Packard-Bell, Sony, Time and Medion... not bad going for a British manufacturer against a string of multinationals !

Caged: You can already order this kind of system from MESH - with our standard warranty - but building it up yourself on our WEB site using the MESH Essential range as the starting point. Alternatively, call our sales team and discuss a special build with them in person

Headbrace: MESH already do MP3 Players. We launched ours around a year ago. It doubles as a pen drive and it really tiny. Give our sales team a call for up to date info on memory sizes and pricing !

Once again, thanks for your questions

I will check back and see if any more of you need a response in the next week or so

If you are a MESH customer with an urgent query, please e-mail it to meshresponse@meshcomputers.com and we will deal with it straight away

Kind regards,

Tony Riccardi
    General Manager
    MESH Computers Plc

Thanks
    My problem was quite a while ago, I have given up with it now. But thanks anyway.

Another slightly more flipant question (if you've got time, or are bored at the office):

If you could expand to any other country which would it be? (and here's the catch: It *has* to be in South America) and why?
    Twigman

Thanks
    I think its excellent that Hexus have managed to get some genuine input from someone with "clout" @ MESH, can we do the same with ABIT, maybe then I can get some questions answered?
    C2Q6600 @ 3.15GHz
    ThermalTake MiniType90
    EVGA 680SLI
    4GB OCZ Reaper 1066MHz @ 1000 4,4,4,15
    EVGA 8800GTX 768MB
    Raptor 150GB
    NEC ND4550 16x16 DVD±RW
    Coolermaster 850W x3 12V
    Antec P180

Custom built by $aunder$

DR
    Thanks
    I can do that with ABIT without issue, you fire me an email with some questions and I will get some answers

Thanks

Thumbs down Mesh Laptop and incompetence

I bought a laptop from Mesh just over a year ago now and in the past 2 months it has been back to the workshop 3 times with the same problem.

I have spent two days on the phone to try and speak to someone with authority about a replacement or a refund.

please would you contact me via my email address.

regards

Gavin Sword

DR
    Thanks
    Gavin,

Do not spam the forums with the same posts. I have passed it to the GM at Mesh and Marketing people to see what I can have done for you. Posting on every thread will not help your cause at all.

David

Thanks

Thumbs down Result

I have finally been able to speak to someone with authority and they have decided to give me a new laptop when myine is returned.

This is a positive result and i thnk you for your intervention in this matter

thank you

have a Merry Chistmas

DR
    Thanks
    Pleasure, I look forward to seeing your continued use of the HEXUS community

Title Contender
    Thanks
    any chance we could set up some form of live webchat in the future

it would mean that more questions could be answered in a shorter period of time?

could be a crowd puller if company senior employees for most of the reviewed hardware could make appearances

Thanks
    Mesh Computers – Warning - Poor Build – Poor Service – Learn from my mistake

I ordered a top of the range, high spec base unit from Mesh in July 04 for £1800, that’s just for the base unit. Well about 3 weeks later, the PC arrived, damaged –

First I raise the issue with them using their on-line support and receive an email to call them the following Monday (16th August 04), which I do, I am then told that a replacement PC will delivered and the old one picked up on Thursday. Well that was fairly prompt.

Thursday, comes and goes no replacement and no pickup. On Friday I call them and they say that it will follow on Monday .

Monday comes and goes, NOTHING !

Wendessday 25th August, I receive a new note from Mesh through the post that the PC is being built and that it will be delivered on the 6th of Sept 04. I send them a deadline of 8th or I want a refund as this is taking the piss. Also they have yet to collect the damaged PC.

6th Sept, goes and I receive an email saying that the PC is no longer available and that I should call them to choose something else. I

By the 9th of Sept, I am well pissed off at having 2 months time, So I send them an email telling them that I want a refund by 16th Sept and I am not interested in an alternative. Additioanlly I tell them to collect the PC that’s still sat here.

On 14th Sept I call them up and request that they collect the PC, THEN wait for it, wait for it ! I get bull**** that no one has called to arrange collection !!! I keep cool, and don’t get into an argument and request a NEW collection date.

15th Sept 04 – FINALLY ! Amtrack pick up the dead on delivery PC.

17th Sept 04 – Send them an official letter stating that I want the refund by the 14th of October or I will take them to court.

On 20th October, I Call them up and ask wheres the refund, their staff tell me it will be with you on the 26th

On the 1st November, I call again and they say someone will call you back

On the 4th I get a call to tell me that the refund is being processed today and a cheque will be with you in a couple of days

Its now 8th Nov 04 – Nothings been received.

Meshcomputers.com – Poor Build, rubbish customer service – Avoid at ALL COSTS

Now it looks like I am going to have to waste a load of time taking them to court.

But let this be a warning to anyone considering buying from Meshcomputers.com , if things go wrong you can forget about an easy ride with regards getting your money back from this company !

Rys
    Tiled
    Thanks
    The 4th was Thursday. A couple of weekend days have probably wound up getting in the way and I'd hope that it'd arrive today or tomorrow (which gives them 3 working days to sort your issue out once and for all).
    MOLLY AND POPPY!

Thanks
    Place bets now!

</banzai>
    Twigman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information