Thread: HEXUS.reviews :: MESH Elite Extreme QX G80 PC

Team HEXUS.net
    Thanks

HEXUS.reviews :: MESH Elite Extreme QX G80 PC

MESH’s monster rig pushes the performance envelope whilst not quite costing the earth? The ultimate high-end PC? Give us your thoughts below

Find out more.

Registered+
    Thanks

Extreme patience...thinning - almost bald!

Hi everyone

Great to read the excellent review of the Mesh Extreme QX G80 and - as you suggest - I did drop the IIyama and broke the bank for a Dell 2407WFP.

Unfortunately, however, it's been a tale of woe from when "it" arrived on Jan 3rd 2007 (currently it's hiding in a cardboard box ready to go back) - more detail on the Extreme Patience Required thread.

The reason for this quick note is to say that earlier today I got to speak to a service guy at Mesh who was asked to call me to explain why my replacement machine had not arrived today as expected.

He mentioned that yesterday - as part of the bench testing - they found an issue with the OCZ memory - at 900Mhz it's running too hot and constantly shutting the machine down. Mesh RnD, as I understand, are in serious conversations with the manufacturers and appeared rightly concerned over this issue.

At 533Mhz - apparently no issue at all with the set-up.

I'm awaiting a call tomorrow with an update and, hopefully, some positive news that this issue will have a rapid fix! Over three weeks on and still no PC, gaming, use for work or anything!

Has anyone else seen this issue with the Mesh Extreme QX G80? Or indeed with the memory itself? Or in conjunction with the ASUS motherboard?

I'll obviously pass on any updates...

NIB
    Thanks
    They made a gaming pc and they used x-fi AUDIO???? Even creative themselves say "The Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio is the ideal sound card for music and movies. For gaming, please consider the other Sound Blaster X-Fi products." on the card's main page.

http://www.creative.com/products/pro...&product=15855

Creative x-fi audio doesnt have hardware acceleration. Which means that it is barely any better than your on board sound card(at least when it comes to perfomance).

And obviously this sentence in the article is false.

This should further enhance gaming frame rates by taking the audio processing onus off the CPU

-------------

And fatality gaming mouse sucks when compared to mx518/g5/g7/mx revolution by logitech. Pick whatever you want, according to your taste. Personally i think mx518 is superior for gaming because it has 2 thumb buttons, it is optical(it has none of those laser disadvantages) and it is wired(no batteries running out during an intense battle+light).

--------------

The X-Fi is partnered by Creative's Inspire T7900 7.1 surround speakers, which should complement the sound card's high fidelity well.
    100$ speakers arent exactly high fidelity. If anything, they are as cheap as they come.

Things like 1000w psu, double dvdrw and overpriced mobo add to the price while offering almost no advantage.

Thanks
    Anyone thinking of buying one of these QX G80s may be interested in knowing that Mesh have admitted that they are not currently able to supply these PCs in the standard configuration which was reviewed at Hexus and PCPro, winning awards during both reviews.

How 2 reputable organisations like Hexus and PCPro can be given PCs to review which MESH then cannot supply when ordered defies belief. I wonder if MESH is working with such a tight margin on these machines that they are refusing to source the same quality of RAM which they would have inevitably used for the test rigs.... perhaps they're using cheaper RAM..... but I'm naturally a cynic....

So I ordered my rig on the 12th of Jan, was assured that it would be delivered on the 25th of Jan. I Rang them to confirm that delivery on the 24th of Jan so that I arrange to work from home to receive it and was assured that it was in its box and ready for collection by the courier. An hour later I'm called to be told that there's a minor issue with the RAM and that there will be a 3-4 day delay. After 4 days I have to chase them because it seems that Mesh don't bother to keep you informed, even if you've spent close to £3K with them. When I get through I'm told that there's an issue with the RAM and it'll be another 3-4 days. Again, today I've called Mesh and been told that there's a compatibility issue with the 900Mhz RAM and the motherboard and Mesh are:

1. Taking the 900MHz RAM model out of their catalogue (I wonder if they will attribute the same awards to the 533 MHz model?)
    2. Redesigning the model with a new motherboard to get around the issue
    3. Unable to give me a delivery date - it could be weeks...

You would have thought that Mesh themselves would have the courtesy to tell us all this on this forum, wouldn't you?

So I've tried to speak with the Sales Director, Dario, who doesn't return my calls. I've phoned the MD (Max Sherafati) who hasn't been available and have also spoken with the Editor's office at PC Pro who are investigating on my behalf.... you may see a letter from me in next months magazine at this rate. I've done everything except drive to Neasdon to have a 'friendly chat' with my mate Max....

So.... What do you think I should do..... cancel my order and buy another Dell? Is the outlandish incompetance that I'm experiencing normallity in Meshland or have I been unlucky? I've never dealt with them before so I'd genuinely like some opinion and advice.....

Thanks

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish
    Quote Originally Posted by NIB View Post
    Creative x-fi audio doesnt have hardware acceleration. Which means that it is barely any better than your on board sound card(at least when it comes to perfomance).
    Please get your facts right. *All* X-Fi's have hardware acceleration - bags of it.

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewt View Post
    Anyone thinking of buying one of these QX G80s may be interested in knowing that Mesh have admitted that they are not currently able to supply these PCs in the standard configuration which was reviewed at Hexus and PCPro, winning awards during both reviews.
    If it's a change in specification to improve the reliability/performance then it sounds kosher.

Registered+
    Thanks

Extreme - not quite

Hi all

Just read AndrewT post and - snap - you may have seen the Extreme Patience Required thread. Just to be sure I'm not AndrewT by another logon!

Just had the same woeful experience with Mesh.

My "new" PC finally arrived from Mesh this week (bearing in mind the original arrived 3rd Jan!). Whether the memory is at 900Mhz - I'll check. However, they forgot to put the graphics card (Elite Pro) in! Hmmm...extensive bench testing?? The SONY drives - not - are actually SAMSUNG SH-S182D.

Did I mention it took 5 attempts to deliver? Courier either failed to turn up or delivered 1 bit of the order. I believe the AMTRAK depot has had a few problems to be fair?

The Cyberlink OEM software crashes with an MFC error - er - just like the original machine. Is their image corrupt? I've been waiting 3 weeks for a CD. I've also not got a working recovery disk or activation keys - all of which promised, but not arrived yet.

I have to say that the overall experience has been very disappointing, not what I expected and certainly not acceptable. I'm trialling the PC for a little while and fingers crossed when the missing bits arrive it will be all I hoped for. All I ever wanted - like everyone - is a fit for purpose machine to the spec I asked and have now been charged for!

Like others - I feel a few letters to Mesh themselves and respected forums (such as this) and publications are a must.

I would like to say thank-you to the gentleman from services who, once we got communication going, was spot on - calling back and keeping me informed. So far his efforts alone have kept the sale alive!

Keep an eye on the forums folks - I'm new to them - and in hindsight (always a great thing) I think I'd have been a little better prepared and perhaps a little less shocked with the experience.

NIB
    Thanks
    Please get your facts right. *All* X-Fi's have hardware acceleration - bags of it.
    Then why Creative's site clearly states "The Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio is the ideal sound card for music and movies. For gaming, please consider the other Sound Blaster X-Fi products."??? Maybe it is because it doesnt have EAX hardware acceleration? Maybe?

Thread Information