One of my pet hates is the green goo you see called "guacamole". Sorry about the imprecise measures that follow, but here is how I would make Guacamole.

1) Chop one small/medium onion very finely and place in a medium glass bowl.
2) Chop two large ripe flavoursome tomatoes finely (I prefer skins on, some like to remove skins by placing in hot water for 15 seconds). Add to bowl.
3) Chop finely one handful of coriander leaves. The Mexicans, I am told, say that you should not even think about making Guacamole without coriander. Add to bowl.
4) Juice of one fresh lemon or better still two fresh limes. Squeeze into bowl.
5) Finely chop one green chilli and add to bowl
6) Add quarter tsp of salt to bowl, cover with me (Clingfilm) and place in fridge for half an hour.
7) Meanwhile dice (no bigger than 10mm) two large or three medium ripe avocados. Add to the salsa mixture in the bowl. Dont forget to scrape the avocado flesh from the inside of the skins and add to the bowl. This is the most flavoursome part.
8) Mix with a fork, mashing a few pieces of avocado which will mix in with the juices to form a paste that will coat everything. Dont overdo this as Guacamole should have texture and suubstantially be diced not goo.

Serve as a starter on a bed of crisp lettuce leaves (I prefer Romaine) or as an accompanyment to Tacos, Burritos, Enchiladas etc. Also helped served with sour cream (tut tut).