Thread: Very tasty pancakes! (free on slimming world)

Thanks

Very tasty pancakes! (free on slimming world)

Hi All,

My girlfriend and myself are both trying to follow slimming world at the moment and we've found this gem of a pancake recipe, you'll have to bear with me because it sounds a bit weird, but trust me it is very tasty!

Recipe:

1 vanilla muller light
    40g quaker oats
    3 eggs

Method:

The night before you want the pancakes, mix the muller light into the quaker oaks, then leave in the fridge overnight. In the morning, crack the 3 eggs into something and whisk them up until the yolks and whites are well mixed, then mix that in with the muller light and quaker oat mix until it looks like a thick batter. To cook, place a fairly large (10-15cm diameter) biscuit cutter into a fairly hot frying pan, then pour in some batter until it's roughly 4-5mm thick (the pancakes will come out a bit like scotch pancakes) remove the biscuit cutter when you think it's cooked enough on the bottom, then flip when ready to cook the other side, remove from frying pan and serve.

We have them with fruit (strawberries, blueberries, banana) and a little bit of golden syrup and / or greek yoghurt. The recipe sounds a bit weird, but it's very very tasty, and for those that know about slimming world, it's free apparently, apart from the golden syrup which is 1 or 2 syns, but you can leave that out.

Apparently you can try with different flavoured yoghurts (they have to be muller lights to be free on slimming world) but you have to experiment and find out what works.

Hope someone tries it and enjoys it as much as we just have this morning

The Jelly made me do it! Honoop's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Very tasty pancakes! (free on slimming world)

I've had some of these! Can't be bothered soaking them over night, mixed em up about 10 mins before frying them. They're ok. In my opinion there are better syn free brekkies to be had but they've good for a change.

Hope you're getting on well with the plan and thanks for sharing the recipe.

Thread Information