Thread: Ex Display kitchens

Thanks

Ex Display kitchens

Do you recommend buying ex display kitchens... I am in process of renovating my kitchen and looking for cost effective options... I noticed few sites like KitchenSynch selling ex display kitchens but not sure if its the right solution or not... Anyone who has experience of using ex display kitchen cabinets? Please share your story or any feedback you can provide will be much appreciated

Thanks
    • virtuo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master X570
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 9 5950x
      • Memory:
      • 64Gb G.Skill TridentZ Neo 3600 CL16
      • Storage:
      • Sabrent 2TB PCIE4 NVME + NAS upon NAS upon NAS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX 3090 FE
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850 80+ Platinum
      • Case:
      • Fractal Meshify 2 Grey
      • Operating System:
      • RedStar 3, Ubuntu, Win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung CRG90 5140x1440 120hz
      • Internet:
      • PlusNet's best, but still poor, attempt

Re: Ex Display kitchens

I got an ex display Kitchen a few years ago and it was fine, hardly any wear. It was a very high quality kitchen though, so maybe a cheaper one would have taken more of a beating on display? The only thing it did have were some thick plastic labels stuck on the worktops and some cabinets saying what they were (like the brand and style of worktop for example). they were a pain to remove.

What I'd be wary of in future (and the reason I ended up not using it and is still sat in bits in my dining room..) is that they never really "fit" your kitchen. Paying a bit extra for the right units and correct worktops that won't leave any gaps is something I would personally do.

Do the kitchens you are looking at include appliances? Mine didn't (apart from an induction hob).

Thanks

No the kitchen i found at KitchenSynch only included cabinets no appliances,,, which is what i needed, I have feelings it will be a challenge to get the right fit after reading your comments but i appreciate it really - thanks for sharing

Thanks

I have just recently renovated my kitchen with a white kitchen cabinets so if you want then you can go with it as it is affordable with reliability.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

I think it all depends on the deal on offer, and how well it suits your needs. Some ex-display deals can be quite good, and some kitchens are relatively simple, design-wise. But you might need to add the cost of worktops, and/or a good quality kitchen fitter, because getting things right, for many kitchens, is fiddly at best, and not an ideal job for a novice DIY-er.

If, on the other hand, you are confident of your own abilities, or know someone with the expertise that will help for the right price, then it can look like a much better bet. In my case, a friend is a semi-retired kitchen fitter, and he now does a few private kitchen and/or handyman jobs to supplement his income. And 'cos he likes doing it. He's not the guy to use if you want your kitchen done ASAP, if you want it to disappear under a morass of frantic trademen, because you want it done by tommorrow lunchtime, but if I wanted a top quality job from a fussy individual that now has the time and inclination to get it right, rather than get it done fast to move on to the next job, he's ideal. Got all the tools, jigs, router templates, etc too.

In other words, there's no right or wrong absolute answer to this. It depends on your circumstances, the deal and what/who you know.

Thanks

I think ex display kitchens are a great investment, you are essentially getting a designer kitchen for a fraction of the RRP. I bought a used kitchen recently from - They Used Kitchen Company - and I also was able to sell my kitchen to them in return, so I saved money on scrapping my old kitchen. Couldn't recommend investing in a ex-display kitchen enough.

Thread Information