Thread: decent pizza recipe please..

www.5lab.co.uk
    Thanks

decent pizza recipe please..

and i'm just on about the base..

i've been trying to use the recepe from the 'cheap studenty eats' thread, but my pizza isnt comeing out right. it tastes ok, and if i cook it for long enough then its texture is alright, but i think the consistancy of the dough isnt right.. it comes out quite 'wet', which means it takes a fair amount of tomatoe puree to cover the base, which makes it overpowering tomatoey.. so if someone has a good start-> finish for a margareta pizza (i can sort the extra toppings myself), please put it in here.. not to fussed about herbs n stuff in there - i can work that out later for myself (garlic + random herbs.. mmm) just a plain basic pizza please (for makeing by hand, i've got no dough... machine )
    hughlunnon@yahoo.com | I have sigs turned off..

Thanks
    OK, here ya go.

My daughter goes to school with a lad whose Mum is Italian. At his birthday party she, Patricia, made pizza for the kids. My daughter said it was the best pizza EVER! So, I got her recipe. And here it is (for the base).

300 grammes flour. She use 'oo' flour which she gets from Italy. I can't get it but strong bread-making flour seems to work OK.
    1 teaspoon salt
    15 grammes packet of dried yeast. She uses fresh yeast but dried works fine.
    60 ml olive oil
    150 ml warm water
    2 x tablespoons runny honey

Mix the yeast with the warm water and honey. Leave somewhere warm. In about 10 - 15 mins it will be very frothy.

Mix the flour and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Stir in 45 ml of the olive oil, make a well and add the water/yeast and keep mixing to form a soft dough. Dust a board with flour, slap on the dough and knead for 5 minutes - no slacking - put the timer on! Put the remaining olve oil in a large bowl then put the dough in the bowl, turning it to give it an all-over coating of oil. Cover with a damp teatowel and leave to rise for 1 - 2 hours. It should double in size.

Meanwhile make your topping. When ready, punch down the dough and roll out into the desired shapes. I make rectangular pizzas and roll the dough to less than quarter of an inch thick.
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Socket 775 (3.0GHz), stock cooler, Gigabyte GA-EP43-S3L iP43 Socket 775, OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 1066MHz/PC2-8500 Gold Memory, PowerColor HD 4870 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDTV Out PCI-E Graphics Card, Seagate 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache, Arctic Power 500W PSU, Hann-G 19" widescreen
    Kitchen Table Browser: Dell XPS M1330 laptop
    On the Road: Alienware M14X laptop

www.5lab.co.uk
    Thanks
    tried that thisevening. awesome. very very tastey, thanks m8, owe ya one
    hughlunnon@yahoo.com | I have sigs turned off..

Thread Information