Thread: polite enquiry re cancellation policy

Thanks

polite enquiry re cancellation policy

Hi
    Ordered Mesh PC about 2 weeks ago with estimated delivery of 18 April. Paid by debit card and I see that the amount was deducted from my account on 10 April. I assume the PC is not yet being built and I'm just curious to know if it's possible to cancel the order at this stage without a financial penalty. I stress I'm not yet intended to do this - I just would like to know what my options are.
    Thanks in advance for advice.

Thanks
    Yes, I would like to know as well.

Ordered a PC on the 28th of March with an esimated despatch date of 16/04 and delivery date of 17/04. No money has been taken from my account, so I assume it is not being built yet. Preferably, I would rather not wait another week+, and after reading some of the feedback on this forum I would prefer to go elsewhere.

I read on the contract that cancellation must be confirmed in writing up to but not including the day of dispatch, as the day of dispatch is Monday I was wondering what the options are.

The tracking on the website is woefully inadequate.
    Last edited by blad; 13-04-2007 at 01:26 PM.

MESH Computers Group
    Thanks
    Hi blad,

I need you to enter your Mesh Order Number into your Hexus.net profile so I can access your account and advise you accordingly.

I can see that StevieA has contacted us regarding this already and he request actioned.

Davey

Thanks
    Davey W, to clarify then, cancellation over the phone is acceptable instead of a letter as stated in the T&C as both myself and StevieA cancelled this way?

Also, if a machine was ordered on 12-months 0% Finance then how does the refunding work. The lady on the phone said a cheque for the full amount was sent to the customer and the finance company wasn't involved at all. Is this really the case (seems unusual that the money doesn't go straight back to the finance provider).

Cheers,

DrBacillus.

MESH Computers Group
    Thanks
    Hi drbacillus,

Given enough time to act prior to despatch a phone call is sufficient. Given the amount of money involved usually, It's good sense to back it up in writing.

Finance does effect how the refund is processed. If the documents have been signed but no payments made it's easier to cancel the agreement.

Once the agreement is a certain period of time in, because is a legally binding agreement to borrow money between yourself and the finance company, they will rarely even speak to us about your account, let alone cancel it. All we can then do is in effect pay the customer the funds that they then use to close off the agreement.

The above is as far as I understand it bearing in mind I'm more techie than accounts. If you need more details I would strongly recommend contacting our accounts department to get the full explanation and details from them.

Davey

Thanks
    Hi Davey W,

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm guessing it takes a couple of days for anything to happen (I know that the finance company are still waiting for notification of the cancellation from your end) but we'll see how that is going at the start of next week.

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks
    Hi Davey W
    I cancelled my order last Monday and was told my debit card account would be refunded "within 5 days". Nothing shown up yet and my order on the tracking page is still showing as "In process". I noted, on someone's else's thread last week, that you mentioned my request had been "actioned". Could you check for me please my status and when the money will be refunded? Thanks in advance, and well done for your sterling work here!
    Steve

Thanks
    StevieA> I had to ring up again on the tuesday to get confirmation emailed to me (twice, the first guy didn't send it). After I'd got the confirmation email my status changed to cancelled on the online order page.

I was expecting my refund today also but it wasn't there. So I rang up (again) and got put through to accounts who said I should have been told "5-7 days" and that they would authorise it today and I should get it tomorrow or wednesday. I'm not holding my breath but it would be nice to be pleasantly surprised. So it appears "5-days" is the time it takes for MESH accounts to do anything about the refund, not the time it takes for the amount to clear on the card as the lady I spoke to today pretty much implied nothing has been done with it yet.
    Last edited by drbacillus; 23-04-2007 at 02:10 PM.

MESH Computers Group
    Thanks
    Hi drbacillus / StevieA,

There is an additional processing period in Accounts. Last time I checked they were processing the paperwork the same day it was passed to them but it appears they have fallen behind a couple of days.

There is still a period of 3-5 working days for the transfer of fund between banks though.

Davey

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey W View Post
    Hi drbacillus / StevieA,

There is an additional processing period in Accounts. Last time I checked they were processing the paperwork the same day it was passed to them but it appears they have fallen behind a couple of days.

There is still a period of 3-5 working days for the transfer of fund between banks though.

Davey
    So if there's a period of 3-5 days on the bank transfer then this is no chance of the money being in my account tomorrow or Wednesday if the paperwork was processed today (assuming it actually got done today).

It's not the fact that it's taking this long, it's that we never get the right information when we ring up your company. If I was told last Monday that "it will take a couple of days to process the refund and then there is about 3-5 working days for the bank transfer" then fine but that doesn't happen, each time I ring I get told something that isn't true!

MESH Computers Group
    Thanks
    Hi drbacillus,

It perhaps would be easier if we stuck to the typical response of the maximum allowed being 28 days. It is only when we try to be more specific that information depends on who you speak to and at what time of day. As I have already stated, the confusion actually appears to have been my fault in that I was not aware that there was a couple of days processing time required on top of the funds transfer time.

Whatever the amount of time you have to wait in total. Accounts have now processed the refund to your account, and now any further delay is that found when transferring funds from bank to bank, or if the refund method is a cheque, then the time it takes to arrive and then be cashed by yourself.

Davey

Thanks
    Hi Davey
    My refund has still not been sorted out despite being told by accounts last week that it has been processed "on April 16th". This a simple refund on a Maestro debit card. I'm starting to worry... Anything you can do to chase this up? Much appreciated.
    Steve

MESH Computers Group
    Thanks
    Hi StevieA,

I've checked with accounts and your paperwork is with them and completed. I am aware of a delay with their processing of paperwork at the moment, but am assured yours will be processed within the next 24 hours.

Davey

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey W View Post
    Hi StevieA,

I've checked with accounts and your paperwork is with them and completed. I am aware of a delay with their processing of paperwork at the moment, but am assured yours will be processed within the next 24 hours.

Davey
    48 hours and counting...
    Any chance of giving accounts another giddy up for me?
    Cheers
    Steve

Thanks
    Account refunded this morning. Many thanks Davey for keeping me informed on this issue.
    Glad to see Mesh is trying to put in place good customer service - I'll back as a customer as soon as things get back to how they were when I bought my last machine from you a few years ago. Good luck, because - despite what some have said here - the PC business needs a dynamic build company like Mesh. System specs, price and customisability are spot on in my view - I just got cold feet over customer support.

Thread Information