Thread: Davey reinstall OS XP

Registered+
    Thanks

Davey reinstall OS XP

Hi Davey,

Can you please send me the instructions for reinstalling the operating system

I would like to format the hard drive and run a clean install,

Also the last time I did this it was by telephone via technical support, and they told me the
    Drivers needed to be loaded in the correct order,

When I loaded my dvd drivers and burning programmes I would get a blue screen and an
    Auto shut down so I never used it again,

I have two mesh, and I have put both numbers in my profile, the one I am loading is the home pc

Thanks a lot

Raven

MESH Computers Group
    Thanks
    Hi ravenheart,

If you can email me at davey@meshcomputers.com with the request I can send you a copy of the instructions in PDF format.

Davey

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Davey reinstall OS XP

Hi Davey,
    have reinstalled os, I have 230gig hd, of which 3.58 gig is used by the os, the system is clean and all partitions were deleted and hd formated,

every thing is perfect, you told me I would need to re install the motherboard drivers after formatting but the system is running and the drivers are already in the c drive when I look3e in it. I did save the drivers as you told me

the question I'm asking is do I need to install any of the drivers I saved and if so what ones, there are loads of them my thinking is that if the mother board didn't have the correct drivers it wouldn't be working

when I bought the computer there were foders that I was told to save in case of reinstallation, which I did but they are all the same drivers that are on the pc now

I dont want to start loading software before I'm sure as you told me that the motherboard drivers must be put in first

if anyone else knows the answer to these questions would be greatful

Raven

Registered+
    Thanks

HI,
    I have just gone into device nanager, and the Motherboard resources and Numeric data processor say "No drivers are installed for this device"

I have loaded the cd and tried to install them, but they are not found, the only thing I can thin of is that I need to go onto the net to search for the drivers,

is it ok to load anti virus at this point and search for drivers

Thanks

Raven

Thanks

In the 'Drivers' folder, should be several sub folders with names like 'Motherboard'. Mesh only load the folders with drivers for your system, so go into each folder and run the various 'setup.exe' files.

Which CD are you trying to load drivers off? I wasn't aware that Mesh sent CDs with drivers on?

6. Received thanks from:

Child (13-08-2007)

Registered+
    Thanks

Hi mikey
    Thanks for the reply,

the drivers folder was on the desktop when i bought the computer and I was told to make a copy of it incase I wanted to reload os,

as far as I can see it's all running well there are a few drivers missing but it only sound I will go on line and update when I put av on

Thanks

Raven

Thanks

So you're saying that you've managed to load all your drivers on except the sound driver?

Is your sound card part of the motherboard or is it a seperate bit? If it's part of the motherboard, if the drivers haven't been included, look on the motherboard manufacturers website for the drivers.

If it's a seperate bit, it's possible the drivers may be on a CD (with 'Creative' on perhaps). Seems to be the only componet that comes with a driver CD......

9. Received thanks from:

Davey W (14-08-2007)

Registered+
    Thanks

Thanks Mikey for your imput, I have found my sound drivers and all seems to be working fine

Raven

Thread Information