Thread: chip fan warning

Thanks

chip fan warning

i have suddenly been getting a chip fan warning on startup and when i go into the bios it says that my chip fan rpm is 0 but the fan is working and the temperatures seem to be within the normal operating temps. is this an issue where i need to fit a new fan or is there some other fix??

many thanx

MESH Computers Group
    Thanks
    Hi vidfreak,

Has it ever shown a speed before? Some fans don't have the sensor so if monitoring is turned on in BIOS it will either give a random figure or stay permanently on 0, and therefore give an error.

If you've had a realistic figure before, and the fan hasn't been changed, it will most likely be a faulty sensor or fault with the motherboard sensor data handling.

Could you also enter your Mesh Order Number into your Hexus.net profile please?

Davey
    Last edited by Davey W; 11-12-2006 at 12:30 PM.

Thanks

order no.

on the invoice under order no. it just has 'verbal' but i will enter the serial number in my profile for you if that is any help.
    as for having a realistic figure etc, i have no idea as i have never checked it before because i have not had a reason to as i have had no warnings i have not changed any settings in the bios so the warning monitor must have always been switched on. if you need any more informatin then please let me know what you need and i will see what i can do.

Thanx
    Last edited by vidfreak; 12-12-2006 at 12:24 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes

MESH Computers Group
    Thanks
    Hi vidfreak,

When you say chip fan, do you mean the chipset fan or the CPU fan?

I get from your frist post that you have opened the system and checked the fan is working but I'm wondering if you've checked the CPU fan when the message is referring to the chipset fan.

Davey

Thread Information